Help

ARCHIVE

Western or Cowboy Theme

>

Cinderella

Western or Cowboy Theme
Old 05-31-2007, 09:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone used a Western or Cowboy theme for their classroom? I am thinking of doing that next year and wanted to check some things out. Let me know if you have. Thanks

Cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote

SoCalTeach

Cowboy theme
Old 05-31-2007, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am also thinking about doing a Wild West/Cowboy theme. I was trying to come up with decorating ideas as well.
SoCalTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

camp823

decorations
Old 05-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

you can always use bandana or rope to decorate with. You could make wanted signs with the kids pictures in it. I think I saw a bulletin board set that had cute stick figures in cowboy clothing. As for bulletin board titles, I would love to hear some suggestions.
camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote
scrapteach

scrapteach

Old 05-31-2007, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We are doing a western theme for my son's 2nd birthday in July and I thought about carrying it over into the classroom so I could justify buying more stuff

off the top of my head some ideas would be...

-buy cow print fabric or bandana print fabric for bulletin boards

-use rope as bulletin board border

-create a board to display student work-give them each a section and label it with a sherriff's badge with their name titled, "ALL STAR WORK" and let them change out what hangs in their spot as they have work they want to display.

-there is a line of cowboy stuff out at teacher stores. It might be by Carson-Dellosa

-check out your local party store or oriental trading they have a ton of theme stuff

-maybe pics of the kiddos in cowboy hats with the title, "we tip our hats to a great new year"

hmmm....now I'm getting excited about the idea too. I did a camping theme this year and loved it, but need a change. Last year I did a tropical/beach theme!
Alissa

Alissa

wild west theme
Old 05-31-2007, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I did a Wild West theme in my first grade classroom this year. Here some of the things I did:
-I had a bulletin board for student work called "best in the west"

-My door was a cowboy and sheriff badges with each students name and in big letters it said "Howdy Partners!"

-My word wall was cowboy boots, and it was called boot hill.

-My birthday board was cowboy hats with each month and students birthday listed on a different hat

_My job chart was cowboy boots and it said "These boots are made for working." It was really really cute!

-I had red and blue bandanas hanging from my ceiling along with horseshoes and sheriff badges

-I pained my windows to look like horse stables and them taped foam horses in them

-I have many cactus around the room and other "wild west" items.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more specific questions!

Cinderella

Thanks for the GREAT ideas!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I also found some really neat idease in the Pro Teacher Archives. I am excited about the Wild West Theme. I do a different theme every year and this one sounds like a lot of fun. We did the Jungle Theme last year with CUrious George as our mascot. The kids loved it.
Cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote

teachersheart

Western Theme
Old 06-03-2007, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I used a western theme in my 4th grade class a couple of years ago. For my birthday board, I used a bulletin board book by Carson Dellosa. It had a picture of a cowboy and cowgirl. My board was titled "Rootin' Tootin' Birthdays". I used stars to list each child's name and their birthday. Turned out really cute.
teachersheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoy5

Hoy5

Old 06-15-2007, 11:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

there is a vbs lesson that's called "Avalanche Ranch" which could give you some decorating ideas. I did a infant classroom with the cowboy theme. Cubbie tags were cowboy hats. Sheriff badges were crib tags. Tied bandanas around different things. Cowboy hats were clandar days. Horse shoes would be cute for responsibility chart. Cactus with the little pricklies would be a good place to put names when they are being on the verge of discipline. Cute cowboys and cowgirls would make nice table tags. Hope this helps.

deana

Western Theme Help
Old 06-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I love your ideas! I am changing my theme this year to a Western/Ranch theme and am struggling with a title for my kids. I teach Kindergarten and this past year did a Safari theme. My kids were called Safari Explorers and we had a Learning Safari. This year, I am planning on doing a Learning Ranch, but cannot think of a name to call my kids. I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks!

Deana
deana is offline   Reply With Quote

camp823

names
Old 06-17-2008, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

You could call them ranch hands.
Would cowboys and cowgirls be too much?
OR how about cowpokes?
just a few off the top of my head.

camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote

deana

Names
Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Thanks! I have added these names to my list of thoughts. Thanks again for your help!
deana is offline   Reply With Quote