TV show streaming & Yidio - ProTeacher Community

PeaceRunner

TV show streaming & Yidio
Old 08-13-2012, 11:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I currently have Netflix and Hulu Plus and we just recently started using Amazon streaming. We got rid of cable months ago. Today, I came across Yidio. Does anyone know anything about this? It looks promising but I'm not sure that I completely understand how it works.

We use DH's PS3 to stream our favorite shows. It looks like Yidio will search TONS of sites to stream. It says something about using Netflix to connect and watch. It looks like they have the shows that Netflix and Hulu Plus don't have at the time ~ like the current season. I'd LOVE to be able to watch them now using Yidio and my PS3/TV.

We don't want to watch shows on the computer we want to continue to use the TV and PS3.

Does anyone use Yidio or understand how it works? THANKS!

http://www.yidio.com/

Mme Escargot

Old 08-13-2012, 11:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Am anxious to read the replies, because we are also looking at getting rid of our satellite and buying a Roku box, then streaming from Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc.

Do I understand correctly that Hulu Plus does not have current seasons of shows ? I thought they did...

lil_bit

Plex
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My bf doesn't have cable and nags me that I am wasting money. He has managed to setup a system that finds and downloads the shows he wants. Not just current season, but shows that just aired. He did Big Brother for me, and had the episodes that same evening. I know it comes off the Roku box, but not entirely sure how it works. He has me thinking about eliminating cable as well!

grav_def

Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
Do I understand correctly that Hulu Plus does not have current seasons of shows ? I thought they did...
Regular (free) Hulu generally posts the current episodes of most shows from NBC and FOX within a week (and often within a day), so I can't imagine that you wouldn't have access to that with Hulu Plus.

I have no cable and no paid subscriptions to anything (Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc.), and can still find anything I ever want to watch online.

PeaceRunner

Old 08-13-2012, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hulu Plus does have some current episodes but not all. Sometimes they'll have just one or two episodes and put a note that says they don't have the rights to show more. Or, let's say you want to start a new series and there are currently 4 seasons. Well, sometimes they will only show the last few episodes of Season 4 and not the seasons before. That's why I'm sorta frustrated with them.

yesteach

Hulu Plus
Old 08-13-2012, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Usually has current episodes from NBC, ABC and FOX (they own it jointly, CBS didn't join in, and there are no CBS shows on there) 24 hours after they air. Regular Hulu has started having a 7 day delay on some shows. I honestly think there are less full seasons now than there were when I first started watching. I got hooked on Warehouse 13 because it was all on Hulu, now they only air the first three, and then the season is posted on Hulu AFTER it ends on Sy-Fy, and it's only there until the next season starts... before they were all there, because that's what got me started.

However, with the queue, I can have alerts sent to my email when the shows I watch post a new episode... Netflix has no current epis.