Help

ARCHIVE

Sam5...any more camping ideas

>

lisakae2

Sam5...any more camping ideas
Old 06-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone...was curious if anyone has found anymore ideas for their camping theme.

Sam 5 - what's the latest and greatest...have you found anything lately. I've hit a wall and keep seeing the same things.

I am trying to put together some activities that have a camp theme to use the first week of school.

Oh and Target has some cute little flashlights with batteries that are only $1.00. I'm trying to think of something to do with them. Hmmm.

lisakae2 is offline   Reply With Quote

scraphappy

Old 06-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did an all-out classroom camping theme this year and loved it. I took a ton of pics before I took it down, but we still have another week of school so I'm in that end of year crunch. If you check the theme/bulletin board threads the week of the 4th I plan to post my photos and all the details then. It's an easy theme to do and I LOVED the fact that it allowed me some extra space in the basement because I brought my camping chairs and coolers into the classroom for group seating.
scraphappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sam5

Camping Theme
Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I made my birthday chart last night. Remember my studnets are older and I am going more for a northwoods adventure theme. I used print shop and did a pine background(called winter pine) and then made wooden framed signs for each month with a little holiday decoration on them- example- Jan.- snowman. Then I just labeled it Happy Birthday! The banner is only 2 1/2 sheets long which is just right for my wall space limited room. I showed it to my teacher friend this morning. She thought it looked good without being too "cute."

I am working on my math posters now. Mine are from the teacher before me which I really appreciated she made and left for me to use. I used them for the last four years. However, they are at least five years old and looking pretty ugly. We are allowed to leave math information up for state testing as long as it is part of our room for the year. So of course, we have to have lots of displays. I decided to go with "Climb the Math Mountain." I made a border on a print shop sign page that looks like the outline of a rock. I am going to run a bunch off on grey cardstock, print the math information on them, and laminate them. Then when I put them up for the year I am going to build a "mountain" with them above my dry erase board. My friend said she would help me draw a mountain climber.

I am thinking the flashlights from Target might be fun to put in a buddy reading station. The kids could go under the table to read together. Hmmm maybe we could give it a cave name.
Sam5 is offline   Reply With Quote

kmham

Could you design the table.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

that they will read under to look like a tent? The camp sign could read
"In"tent"sive reading. or Reading tent or Camp Read a lot! My son and husband made two adirondack chairs for my lodge type library. My moose collection (overflow from the family room) and other lodge type items decorate the room. I like the mountain climber idea. The latest Family Fun magazine features a camp theme party with activities that you might try.
kmham is offline   Reply With Quote