Help

ARCHIVE

Flat Stanley

>

Socks

Flat Stanley
Old 06-26-2007, 12:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just inherited a class set of Flat Stanley books from a teacher who won't need them anymore. In the past I have read the book aloud and been on the receiving end of the Flat Stanley project. This year, I'd like to be on the sending end. When my sister did this project in school her teacher had the students send to family or friends who lived far away. Unfortunately, with our population, I'm not thinking we would have many families participate. Because of this, I'm looking for about 20 classrooms to host our Flat Stanleys. I will have each child make their own Stanley and write an introduction letter. Stanley will come with this introduction letter from the student, an instruction letter from me, and a journal for Stanley to write about his adventures in.

When I hosted in the past, I sent home a letter asking parents if they'd like to participate by hosting Flat Stanley for a night. Then I assigned nights for those students. We would take him on our field trips and I'd have the students write in Stanley's journal about each adventure he went on. I also took him around our hometown and took pictures of Stanley. The class that sent Stanley to us last year was from Louisiana and I assumed it usually gets a little colder here in Pennsylvania. Because it was January/February, I printed out a hat, gloves, and a scarf and taped them onto Stanley so he would stay warm! I also sent him back with some momentos from our town and school.

I'd like to get all of the Stanleys sent out by the holidays. Then, we'd like him returned by the end of March to be sure you have plenty of time!

I've attached the letter I sent home to the parents and a few pictures of Flat Stanley around our town and hanging out in our class so you get an idea.

If you are interested, please PM me with your school address.

Thank you for your help!

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Attached Files
File Type: doc Flat Stanley Family Letter - PT.doc (67.5 KB, 253 views)
Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

bronte

Interested in Receving Flat Stanley
Old 09-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would love to participate with you and your class if you are still looking for an exchange classroom. I have a group of 18 first graders. Let me know, and I will send you my school address.
bronte is offline   Reply With Quote

Rosie2boys

second grade teacher
Old 01-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would love to start the Flat Stanley exchange if you are still looking for someone. I will send you my email address if you are interested.
Rosie2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

tigger_kari

Interested
Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If anyone is still interested in starting this project please let me know. I would like to try it. I teach 3rd grade.
tigger_kari is offline   Reply With Quote

angieg

Flat Stanley
Old 02-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am interested in starting the Flat Stanley Project. If you haven't found another class please email me at: amg_gonzalez@hotmail.com. Thank you!
Angie

angieg is offline   Reply With Quote

melita7

Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm interested. I've never done it before, but want to start it later on in the year because my students need to prepare for exams about 3 months away. We're in Australia and I teach a third grade class if anyone's interested in exchanging later on in the year PM me.

Thanks
melita7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mandie

Mandie

2nd grade teacher-Mississippi
Old 03-04-2009, 11:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Our class would like to exchange Flat Staneys with you.
Do you still need an exchange class?
Please let me know.
Thank you,
Mrs. Vogle/Mrs. McQueen