Help

Inspirations

What a way to start my day. . .

>

TeachNut

What a way to start my day. . .
Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Typical morning of students entering and getting about their business of turning in their homework and starting their morning warm-up. I look up as I'm about to take attendance and lunch count and see a mom coming in. I'm not too worried as this mom has been great all year long! She's here to drop off her child's book which he forgot at home (normally she'd let it go; but, with the week they've had she thought she'd be nice.) As we are chatting about the book I point out where her son is reading and how well he's doing and really talking him up. Next thing you know, I'm being told how great I am! How I've brought out this love of reading in him and I've pushed him exactly where and how he needed it. And now, instead of me boiling eggs for my class, she's going to do it! She's going to supply the kids our craft project needs for Friday and I don't have too ~ I tell her she's done so much and her response is that it's the least she can do because from these hours I'm her child's parent and she needs to support me so I can be there for all my children and be a dad to my kids after school is done!

I love this parent!!!

TeachNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Alicia G

Old 03-19-2013, 07:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Reading the title of this thread, I must admit that I was expecting something horrible (vomiting during a fire drill, accusations and increased hours with decreased pay).

Clone that woman -- every teacher deserves her.
Alicia G is offline   Reply With Quote

Savvy

great!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This is so awesome! I'm happy she was able to tell you how she felt.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote