Help

ARCHIVE

slogans for theme

>

brastasi

slogans for theme
Old 07-06-2007, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am doing the movie/hollywood theme in a fourth grade classroom. I will have stars with their names on them outside the classroom and the title "Now Featuring Mrs. N class of stars." I will have the word wall with each subject made out of giant boexs of popcorn with the words on the box-"STARING OUR WORD WALL" maybe a bullentin board that says "NOW IN THE SPOTLIGHT-EXPLORERS!.

Any other cute slogans. I would appreciate it!

brastasi is offline   Reply With Quote

REB

maybe....
Old 07-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

"Roll out the Red Carpet for these Stars" - as either a welcome area, or student of the week/9 weeks/month area.

"Starworthy News" - for upcoming classroom events and news, or maybe homework assignments.

"Smile, You're a Star" - for pictures you may have of your class.

"Lights, Camera, Action" - maybe for picture area?

I did this theme last year, and am doing it again this year, and adding a little to it.

I teach music, and am adding street signs that I found at a party supply store for my centers.

Also, I do a BRAVO! wall, for student achievement, and they get to autograph their own star and it hangs up the whole 9 weeks, and then they get to take it home.

You could do a "Wall of fame" for your student achievement, or maybe any subject you wanted to highlight that they did well in.

We have teachers who put a list of students who make honor and banner roll outside their doors, maybe this would be a good use for this as well....with the "Wall of Fame" idea.

Hope this helped. pm me if you need any other ideas.
REB
REB is offline   Reply With Quote

brastasi

Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank You! This is great!

REB

if you look on this board,
Old 07-07-2007, 04:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If you look on this same board, at the Behavior Bingo post, there is a post by Buster that shows their Hollywood Bingo that they used as a classroom management/reward idea.

I learned about using Behavior Bingo, and some other systems earlier this summer in CHAMPS professional development training on classroom management. I learned to do it three ways: either you can look for something that someone in the class is doing that is a desirable behavior (like highlighting, taking notes, being a good listener, helping someone else), and then call a "Bravo" moment (or whatever bingo term you wish to use), and have that student come up to the board, and mark with a dry erase marker over a number (they have to pull a number out of a can/jar that matches those on the board)

The other way I have seen it done is by groups, if a group is on task, call a Bingo moment, at random, so the students never know which group will get picked....(same process as above)...

And, the last way I have seen it done is as a review of facts of some kind, math, english, spelling, etc....

The rewards could be simple, or more detailed depending on what you have time in your teaching day for. Some could be five minutes of chat time with your neighbor, or a big reward like popcorn and a movie, popsicles, etc.

I saw this and thought of you.

Check out the "Behavior Board" post below, and look at buster's - "Hollywood Bingo" idea...very creative.

REB

buster

More Hollywood stuff
Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I attached some ideas for you.

Attached Files
File Type: doc clapboard top.doc (23.5 KB, 761 views)
File Type: doc clapboard.doc (23.5 KB, 560 views)
buster is offline   Reply With Quote

REB

thank you, Buster! :)
Old 07-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you so much for your creative ideas. I love doing this as a theme, and the students really get "into it". (I teach middle school 4-6 music.) Hopefully brastasi can use these as well.

Thanks again.

REB

teacher333

Theme
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

A bulletin board with Award Winning Work?
teacher333 is offline   Reply With Quote

brastasi

Old 07-07-2007, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks, Thanks, & Thanks! I love the clap board and will surely use it. I think I will print out at school (lots of ink

What a great welcoming sign!

volstate

Old 07-09-2007, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Hi brastiasi, I read another post and said wow that sounds just like my school. So I read your profile and saw that you mysterously teach 4th grade in Tennessee. Then I read Mrs. N stars and knew it was you. Look at the screen name and you will know who this is. Our team always jokes that we can be seperated. Well, I guess that even goes for message boards. What a small world!!!!!! BTW-I like your ideas. Like you I am ready to go back to school. Remind me in September that I just said that
volstate is offline   Reply With Quote

volstate

Old 07-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I have a reporter that I put up with the caption " Newsworthy Work". Not exactly Hollywood, but close enough

Just thinking out loud, wonder if the game "Hollywood Squares" could be adapted for classroom use. Students always like to play games to review.

volstate is offline   Reply With Quote

zinteacher

Hollywood theme
Old 07-28-2009, 12:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I am doing Hollywood theme this year also! I teach fourth grade and they read to the kindergartners so we will be doing reader's theater for them. Since actors and actresses get paid well for great performances i am using play money as a reward system. I will pay them for working hard etc... On fridays they will be able to spend their money on Rodeo Drive (toy box painted black with a Rodeo Drive street sign with prizes in it).

I put sun glasses on my school supply list so i will let them wear their sunglasses and other gamourous things and i will take black and white head shots of them. I will post them on a board and let them write an "its all about me" bio and post it under their head shot. My heading on that board will be "THE FOURTH GRADE CAST."

So far, this has been such a fun theme for me and i have not even seen the kids with it yet. There is so much to do with this and you can apply it to everything!
zinteacher is offline   Reply With Quote