Staples Penny Sale!! - ProTeacher Community

teach_2_ms

Staples Penny Sale!!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

hello fellow teachers .. I saw on another message board that Staples is having their penny sale on school supplies starting Sunday!!

teach_2_ms is offline   Reply With Quote

imacacher

Yup
Old 07-07-2007, 03:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

There are several threads about all the good back to school bargains! Keep reading

imacacher is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachtoScrap

My DH and I will be there...
Old 07-07-2007, 05:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

although I hope that the limit doesn't apply to teachers (I read that it doesn't but not sure what my store will say) b/c DH teaches middle school and told me that he would like 40 of each color! That would be a lot of small transactions if there is a limit!!!

I LOVE finding good deals!

Another great find this week is the Target Dollar bins lots of teacher goodies. I think the kids and I will head out there today.
TeachtoScrap is offline   Reply With Quote

♥theColts

What other store?
Old 07-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What store other than Staples has the penny sale? Thank you!
♥theColts is offline   Reply With Quote

jch

Staples
Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Last year, the Staples in Missoula, Montana would not lift the limit for teachers. In fact, they would not allow me multiple transactions to get the number of folders I needed. I teach 6th grade and needed 60 folders of the same color.

Even after explaining that 1) other Staples allowed it (and gave 2 cities from ProTeacher threads) and 2) had driven 3 hours to do this type of shopping, they were less than accomodating.

As I stated on another thread - Walmart had the same folders, with no limit, and gave me the Staples price. Couldn't beat that. I'll pass on Staples this year, not worth the hassle.

jch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sheena

Same problem in MA
Old 07-08-2007, 04:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My Staples had a limit of 12. They also wouldn't let me do it in two transactions. I mentioned that they would be hard pressed to find a classroom of 12. It's too bad.
Sheena is offline   Reply With Quote

scraphappy

Old 07-08-2007, 04:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Last year I brought my (then) 11 month old with me and he "checked out" with his personal limit as well. They are so ridiculous. Even after telling them I was a teacher they wouldn't lift the limit, but they had no problem with a baby buying

3 pencil sharpeners
10 folders
3 packages of pencil
9 binders
and some glue

Oddly enough there are 2 Staples within 5 minutes of my house. So we went to one, then to the other, then returned to the first. Upon returning to the first that cashier let me get whatever I needed.

Walmart does match competitor's prices so I tend to do the bulk of the shopping there is there are different things on sale at different stores.
scraphappy is offline   Reply With Quote

twiceblessed

In Maryland
Old 07-08-2007, 09:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I went to my local Staples and I was told that it is policy that teachers have a limit of 15 for each item and 30 on folders. The manager showed me the fax from Staples Headquarters. I had to show my work ID or my Staples Teachers Reward Card.... I had both. I was able to get 30 folders, 15 pencil sharpeners, 15 pencil cases, and 15 packs of pencils. I have another staples less than 10 miles from my house so I went to that one, too.......and bought the same quantity all over again! I am going back tomorrow to get more folders and pencils. I have a class of 28 third graders.
twiceblessed is offline   Reply With Quote

CCrawford

are things really a penny?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I have never heard of this....maybe our staples doesn't do it. Are things really a penny or is it just a large sale? How did you hear about it?

Thanks
CCrawford is offline   Reply With Quote

Karyn3rd

Back from staples
Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I just got back and the manager let me ignore the limits! Yea! So i got 20 bottles of glue, 22 packs of pencils, and 22 pencil sharpeners all from under $3.00.
Karyn3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

beckyau

What a deal!!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I just got back from my Staples. I didn't have any problems at all. I got 75 folders, 25 pencil sharpeners, & 25 packs of pencils. I also found a six drawer organizer with wheels on sale for $13.99.
beckyau is offline   Reply With Quote

goleps3

staples sale
Old 07-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I just returned from Staples (OH). I could only buy 15 folders for a penny. I had taken 30 folders up to the register, but I had to show a teacher ID and then I could only buy 15....I guess I'll have to take my kids with me next time.
goleps3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ben

Ben

Who will this benefit?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I wonder why they're doing this finally? Perhaps because they will be getting some sort of deduction on their income tax.
They know that the teachers are able to use buying school supplies as a tax deduction, so this is probably why they are having this so called "penny sale". They are asking that teachers show their teacher ID, at any time the sale was not for something that will not profit them, they would allow anyone to purcahse the penny stuff, yea just another way of pretending you helping someone else when it's really for your own benefit. I think I will continue to do as I've always done, no way I'm going to rush out for a "penny sale" and probably get ran over by someone whose desperate.

Ben

yesteach

^^Anyone can buy it??
Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

It's not just for teachers.. it's their regular back to school sale... and you don't have to show teacher ID to buy it, just that they'll let you get more than the 3 limit if you are a teacher....

That said.. my daughter went for me and got my stuff... today I got in her car and there were HUGE bags of school boxes (not pencil boxes, the regular school boxes!). I asked her what they were, she said .. that's those boxes you wanted for a penny!!"

Apparently they ran out of the little snap shut pencil boxes, and replaced them with regular school boxes.. :O I have no use for 20 of those things, so I'm going to put them in our donation room for students who don't have school supplies...

My daughter said, I wondered why you wanted so many of those big boxes...
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Bahama Mama

back to school deals deals
Old 08-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

How long do these sales usually last? I'll be going to Orlando on the 7th of July. I hope I find some of these great deals then.
Bahama Mama is offline   Reply With Quote