Help

Inspirations

He remembered singing...

>

bonnybelle

He remembered singing...
Old 04-13-2013, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just now, happenstance reunited me with one of my favorite former students in the middle of the Giants Dugout store. Lupe is a handsome former US Marine, and married father of two. He told me he remembered doing mental math tasks and singing "You Are My Sunshine" at the end of each day. Little do we know such rituals are so meaningful.

Have a cuppa coffee with me and tell about such encounters you recall.

bonnybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Mysterious1

Mysterious1

ran into a kid in Canada!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi there...this situation reminds me of a similar situation that happened to me this summer. I was at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. In the middle of the Bobby Orr Exhibit, I hear a little voice, "Is that Mrs. Smith? NO way! Oh my god it is!" I turned around to see the smiling face of one of my students from that year! He was with his family too on the same day/time in another country! We traveled through many states and over the border for our family vacation and it was so surprising to see him there. He asked if he could come have lunch with us, so our two families went and had lunch together and then went to see the Stanley Cup! Later on that summer, the boy wrote me an actual letter and send it via snail mail to my home thanking me for a great year and he will never forget the time he had lunch with me and my family in CANADA. I wrote him back on Hockey Hall of Fame postcard thanking him!

I guess I cannot escape them...even in another country!

bonnybelle

Sweet!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is a great encounter. It takes these little chance meetings to remind you that teachers are woven into the fibers of many lives and for a variety of reasons. Just as we keep them in our hearts, we are part of their schema for life.

Wish more people would share their stories here.
bonnybelle is offline   Reply With Quote