100th day of school - ProTeacher Community

SpecEdTeach

SpecEdTeach

100th day of school
Old 01-31-2006, 06:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a 6th grade learning support teacher and I am looking for some fun age appropriate activities for the 100th day of school. I usually do not do anything special for this day, but I thought the kids would enjoy it. I am looking for fun ideas, crafts, snacks, etc. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Tounces

time travel
Old 01-31-2006, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Travel back 100 years. Share and discuss past and present lifesyles, including clothing, transportation, cooking, education and technology. Read and discuss historical books such as Ox-Cart Man by Donald Hall, When I Was Young in the Mountains by Cynthia Rylant, and General Store by Rachel Field. They can write these on a timeline labeled past. In the middle of the timeline they could write present day events. Future years to the right on the timeline could be broken into 10 year increments. They could make predictions relating to their life such as graduatin from high school etc. Continue to 100 years in the future. Then they could draw a picture of what they would look like in 100 years.

This is an modified idea from "Hooray for 100" by Creative Teaching Press.

Make Derdnuh for a snack. (hundres spelled backwards) Provide 10 bowls of various small snacks, such as crackers, nuts, and dried fruits. Give students egg cartons and have them combine 100 food pieces to make a super snack call Derdnuh. Ask each student to place 10 ten pieces of each snack in a separate egg-carton cup, close the egg carton, and gently shake it until the Derdnuh is mixed. Invite students to open their egg cartons and enjoy their tasty treats.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote