Help

ARCHIVE

Buddy Projects

>

packerfan

Buddy Projects
Old 07-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am moving to second grade this year. My class will be buddied up with a class of 4th graders. Does any one have any cute or simple buddy activities we can do?

Thanks!
packerfan

packerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

missd

Interviews and biographies
Old 07-09-2007, 12:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This project can be as simple or as involved as you want to make it. With our buddies, we had the older students develop interview questions to ask their younger buddies. (They were paired 1 to 1.) When they got together, the older students conducted the interviews and tried to gain as much information about the younger student as they could. The older students then wrote a biography about their younger buddies. The next time they got together, they went through the biography with their buddies and edited them. (It was cute to see the younger students helping to edit the older students' writing.) On the next visit together, both older and younger students illustrated the biography.
missd is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

simple? cute!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

at christmas, my sixth graders make puzzles with our first grade buddies--(we call it a reading activity)

here is the plan abbreviated: empty, clean, dry plastic water bottle; bird seed (the kind with lots of different colors/seeds) put some bird seed in bottle and then put in penny, more bird seed, a push pin, bird seed, an orange beed, seed, rubber band, etc

on the outside of the bottle is a label. Can you find these items?
blue button
penny
orange bead
rubber band....

(they have to read the items to be able to find them!)

hot glue cap on so all does not spill out!

also, one of the best field trips we took was with our buddies (it was a PE thing done every year in our state--phys ed day--classes from schools all over state start at the park and walk a mile to the capital--all sit on capital steps for short proclamation and then a few classes do a little exercise routine. it was reall special (my kids really shine when they have to take care of the little ones!)

maybe you could find a way to take a field trip with your buddies--to the zoo--see what standards overlap.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

janicepet

Buddy Projects
Old 07-09-2007, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My first graders are buddies with a fourth grade class. We get together and read to each other (favorite books and stories we've written), make leaf rubbings and poems for the Fall, make gingerbread houses before Christmas, make tree ornaments, make kites to fly outside in the spring and go on a bug hunt when we study insects. The fourth graders also put on a few skits for us. We write letters back and forth as well. The first graders love their fourth grade buddies. They get so excited when they see them in the hall or outside.
janicepet is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Poetry Pals
Old 07-09-2007, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We did Poetry Pals with our second grade buddies this past school year. It was great because we read a poem or book of a specific type of poem, and the kids had an opportunity to write one of their own. Then, if we chose, during the week, the kids edited and illustrated. It really was great because I got bulletin board and displays without extra work. We are going to do the same thing this year.

NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote