ReadyGEN - ProTeacher Community

NY07

ReadyGEN
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

our school has opted in to a new program for reading/writing called readyGEN by pearson... does anyone have an information about it???

NY07 is offline   Reply With Quote

kitty11710

Old 05-16-2013, 02:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I can't find much information. It appears that it was written solely for the NYC public schools, which is a scary thing! If I'm wrong about that, please someone correct me. There are 4 units in Grade 3 and each unit is on the same (boring) topic! All the reading pieces are on that same topic! UGH
kitty11710 is offline   Reply With Quote

Applebooks

READY GEN NOT ready!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hello,
A NYC teacher here , reason you can't find anything on READY GEN is because it is not READY and won't be until next June 2014.They have a projection map for how they will publish and deliver their materials. Especially for special populations such as ELLs and Special Needs, those materials are you guessed it not READY.I have no clue what is READY in this program. I have no idea why NYC took this program that is not even finished to do in the year where CCLS are to be implemented in the High stakes tests.....I wonder why other states and teachers have ton of CCLS knowledge yet NYC the educational mecca chooses to use a program that is a work in progress. How do teachers teach on the go with a program that's just not READY!
Applebooks is offline   Reply With Quote