Moby Max - ProTeacher Community

Ilvtching

Moby Max
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone use Moby Max? My principal is considering it for next year. Any pros and/or cons to the program?

Thanks,
Amy

Ilvtching is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Moby Max
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We started using the math portion a few months ago and I really love it so far. Pros: students can work at their own pace and instructional level and the instructions they hear over the headset explains concepts. Cons: Nothing very important, but I didn't exactly agree with the placement test grade level.

Oh, and there's just not enough time available in the computer lab to utilize all the new features they are developing.

The math portion balances fact review at the beginning of the session and then moves to their lesson.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

miz frizzle

What is
Old 05-22-2013, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Moby Max? A math program? I always have kids that either lag far behind or zoom along at the speed of (not light) a second grader.
miz frizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

NCTchr

Moby Max
Old 05-22-2013, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We just started using it and I really like it. I love that it places the students at their level, so that my advanced students have concepts that are challenging them at the same time my lower students are getting review. There are plenty of reports and data available for how the students are doing. I also like that the students can access the data and graphs on their own data. That has been very motivational for many of my students. The mini-lessons and explanations that are built in are also helpful. My students seem to really enjoy it The only drawback I've found is that I just don't have enough time or computer access to use it as much as they recommend. Even with only getting on once or twice a week, though, I've seen improvements.
NCTchr is offline   Reply With Quote

titlebabe

Our district
Old 05-27-2013, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

uses Moby Max and they are adding a reading component in early June. Our district uses it with specific students only for math and language and are happy with the results. Hope this is helpful.

titlebabe is offline   Reply With Quote