Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

4th grade word wall word lists

>

imau2u

4th grade word wall word lists
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Curious as to what words fourth grade and fifth grade teachers have on their word walls. Does anyone have a list they would be willing to share?

imau2u is offline   Reply With Quote

A. Moss

A. Moss

Old 07-12-2007, 07:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can purchase word walls at your local teacher's store. They are age-appropriate and colorful. Or I just use the vocabulary words from our basal. novel study stories. They are high-interest AND they can then be better used in your students writing.

imau2u

Old 07-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Does anyone know if they have a word wall designed for 4th grade. My teacher store only had one that went to 3rd last year, but I do know there is a book out for upper grade levels. I need to look into it and see if they have one to save me time.

The reason why I asked this question is b/c one of my graduate assignments was to create a word wall and I use a word wall, but never thought about why I put the words on there and what words I choose to put on there...

Thanks.
imau2u is offline   Reply With Quote

PATeacher45

Word Wall
Old 07-28-2007, 05:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi! I just teach math, but I do use a word wall for my 4th/5th grade math students. I get the words from the vocabulary they are required to know for our state math test. I also include other math words I think it is important for them to see daily. I put the words up as we discuss them. I organize the words into the 5 NCTM math categories (numbers and operations, geometry, algegra, measurement & data analysis and probability) and put each category on a different color word strip. The words are also grouped by letter.

I also make index cards with the definitions of words on the word wall. I pull out the cards whenever we have a few minutes to spare in class and quiz the kids. The students see the words everyday, use the word wall as a reference when writing, and it's a great way to review vocabulary.
PATeacher45 is offline   Reply With Quote

adkgirl

word wall-4th
Old 10-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I often change with novels being read, math terms being learned, and the class favorite is focused on upcoming events/holidays. I am taking down our October list now-and eager writers are awaiting Nov., will use terms with elections, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, etc.

My favorite is transition words!! How creative the stories have been now that students have 15 or so beginning, middle, and end transition phrases.

adkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote