Help

ARCHIVE

ocean themed behavior calendar??

>

knox

ocean themed behavior calendar??
Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach kindergarten and I am starting an ocean/beach/luau.... theme this year. I am looking for ideas for the behavior calendar. Our school does the typical green-good, yellow- 5min- blue- 10min, red- entire recess and note home or to principal. I would like this to be in a small area, because I don't want the main focus to be on it. I am making a bigger display for good behavior ("Fishing for Good Behavior"). Does anyone have any good ideas for this? Also, if you have any other good ideas to use in the classroom, that would be great! I'm new to this, but I've already gotten a lot of great ideas.

Thanks in advance...

knox is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Behavior Board
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would use the colors...green, yellow, blue...and use ocean patterns...maybe a green fish, yellow starfish, and blue octopus.

You could also just make colored cards and put these symbols at the top of the card.

For your good behavior board, you could use "Catch 'Em Being Good" from www.creativeteaching.com (CTP 1543).
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

I'mnew@this

Behavior Bay
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm planning on using an ocean/sea theme in my classroom and decided to call it Good Behavior Bay. All students start the day in Good Behavior Bay, which is basically an ocean scene. The studentís clip is moved down to a different color fish/sea creature for each consequence. (This is where you could still use your school's color system) Then to reward students who stay in Good Behavior Bay I pass out Treasure Tickets. This way there is an incentive to follow the expectations and it's all positive!
I'mnew@this is offline   Reply With Quote

desire2inspir

Don't know if you'll be interested but....
Old 07-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Here is one idea I've used before with an ocean/beach theme that you could tweek...it is more for class motivation and recognition rather than a behavior cueing system but thought I'd share...my kids loved it

Treasure Poem:

"X" Marks the Spot

X marks the spot.
Hidden treasures untold.
Rubies? Sapphires?
Maybe even gold?

The ancient map
provides the clues
For good little sailors
If they choose.

I had the poem displayed and we would read it each morning as a reminder about choices. When I caught a student making good choices he or she would get a puzzle part of a map. When they collected all the parts they got to go to the treasure box as a reward.
I've also used it for the entire class on a bulletin board. When the entire class was caught making good choices or showing a specific character trait or received a compliment I would put large parts of a map puzzle on the bulletin board. When the class earned all the parts of the map puzzle we had a class reward usually in the form of a secret treasure like watermelon, popsicles etc...at the playground.
I've also used treasure incentive charts with jewel stickers for earning a treasure from the teacher and had many different rewards like free computer time, sit with a buddy, pencil, etc.. in a treasure box for them to select. I wrote the rewards on gold coins which made it a lot of fun.
Anyway don't know that this would be anything you are thinking about but thought I'd share.
desire2inspir is offline   Reply With Quote

N2Teaching

Boats ..
Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm not for sure if this is what you are looking for, but it may give someone an idea! I had an "under the sea" room for the past 3 years. For the past two years, each child had a ship or a boat with their name on it. If a child misbehaved or broke a rule, he or she had to move their boat. Here were the infractions:
One "move" - "Rough Waters" (this was their warning)
Two "moves" - "Stormy Weather" (missed half of break)
Three "moves" - "Shipwrecked" (missed all of break, note sent home)

N2Teaching is offline   Reply With Quote

marie1234

Diving for Great Behavior
Old 07-13-2007, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I had an ocean theme last year and the title of my behavior area was Diving for Great Behavior. I just did the "card thing" where each student had a pocket of four different colored cards. I displayed divers and ocean animals around the chart. I made it out of poster paper and then stuck the pockets on it (6 in each row). The pockets had a number on them which correlated to the studnet's numbers. Worked great!
marie1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

SanDiego3rd

I use...
Old 07-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Behavior Beach. I got 4 ocean animals at the party store and laminated them all seperate from each other. We use clothes pins to move up to the angelfish (caught being good!) or down to grouper fish (warning) or way down to the crabby crab. Pins on crabs get a call home or a chat with a parent. I have a photo of Behavior Beach on my website:

www.teacherweb.com/CA/ClassicalAcademy/Knapp

Go to classroom photos and scroll down to the picture of behavior beach.
SanDiego3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

FxyWhtCoco

I too have a behavior bay
Old 07-15-2007, 04:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I just put library pockets on posterboard, sea creature stickers on each pocket and then laminated it. I decorated around the chart rather than using different colors of fish for each card.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
FxyWhtCoco is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsjames2nd

I love your room
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Very neat room. I had an ocean theme last year and never thought to use raffia.
mrsjames2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

coop

Teacher Web
Old 08-28-2007, 07:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I noticed you had some great graphics on your teacher web page. I have a teacher web page and am also doing a beach theme. Could you post some of your graphics or email them?
I would really appreciate it.
~nena

coop is offline   Reply With Quote

coop

Behavior Beach
Old 08-30-2007, 10:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Love all your pics...but I think I am missing something because I checked them all and can't find the behavior beach.
coop is offline   Reply With Quote

kinderkelly

Teacherweb
Old 07-29-2008, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I noticed the same thing! I am new to using Teacher web but cannot figure out how you changed the font on your pages and where did you get the great clip art for the beach theme?
kinderkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

bonnybelle

Bingo
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

N2Teaching you are on to something! I will be adding "Clear Sailing" to this system and run with it. Thanks for the clear thinking!
bonnybelle is offline   Reply With Quote