Creating a binder/plan book - templates - ProTeacher Community

carrieSAtoUSA

Creating a binder/plan book - templates
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have looked at various binders/plan books online (even an amazing one going for $60!!) and wanted to try my hand at creating my own. However, I do not know how or where to get the templates that are used for the creative and colorful backgrounds that can be used or the cute text boxes placed on them. I've heard PPT being used, but the templates are not what I have in mind. Looking for stripes, polka dots, zig zag lines, etc to make it creative and fun.

Has anyone had any experience in creating documents with these types of backgrounds and if so, would you be willing to share how to do it?

carrieSAtoUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

BamaBabe

I use
Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

scrapbook paper for my teacher binder. I can color coordinate it the way I prefer. I create my templates in Word or Excel and use the scrapbook paper creations for my dividers and print my templates on colored copy paper. I like the fact that I can use the 12 x 12 paper to make pocket dividers and add embellishments that I like or can use. I keep my binder in a small three ring notebook, but our school has a binding machine. I may try that next year.
BamaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote

calla lily

I love the scrapbook paper idea!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've been researching teacher binders and thinking about attempting to make my own.
calla lily is online now   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

Same as PP basically
Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I created a Word document with the basic format I liked. I typed in my schedule and other things that never change from week to week. I do some lines on there. I change up colors and fonts a lot too.

Then I find cool paper I like and print off on that. It is much cheaper and easier on my ink supply. I print off my calendar and other things on similar or coordinating/complementary papers.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

whatever

I started doing the same as PPs
Old 06-30-2013, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

several years ago.

In addition, I do not print it off front to back. I print fronts only then use the backs to write anecdotal notes to myself about data, behaviors, goals, unusual incidents that occur, etc.

I can staple parent notes, emails, office memos, etc there too. If push comes to shove, I can tape together page two of one week and page one of the next week and make a pocket for loose notes.

I only print about 3-4 weeks in advance in case there are changes to my schedule or whatever.

whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

TexAg2000

backgrounds
Old 07-01-2013, 04:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I used scrapbook paper for my binder cover (the 12" x 12" kind) and just printed a title to glue on top. But if you want to find digital backgrounds to use behind text boxes, I've found several free ones on TPT. They also have a lot for sale (things like backgrounds, frames, clipart, etc..), but I'm cheap and only look for the free stuff.

And yes, Powerpoint is by far the easiest to manipulate. I found an online tutorial on some teaching blog (can't remember where!) that showed you basic steps on how to get started creating printables on PP.
TexAg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

carrieSAtoUSA

Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks - some great ideas out there!!
carrieSAtoUSA is offline   Reply With Quote