Help

ARCHIVE

Privacy Shields

>

maryell

Privacy Shields
Old 07-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was thinking of ordering the privacy shields from Really Good Stuff. Does anybody use these? I didn't know whether to get the full size or the junior size for my third graders. Any suggestions?

maryell is offline   Reply With Quote

teach72beach

privacy shields
Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I dont use those but I have folders that are four fold that were donated years ago. They work great for tests.
teach72beach is offline   Reply With Quote

alicej

Old 07-13-2007, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We make our own every year using poster boards. The kids get to decorate them and at the end of the year, they take them home.
alicej is offline   Reply With Quote

TootSweet

tri fold science fair/presentation boards
Old 07-13-2007, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I cut these in half and ended up with 2 trifold privacy shields. They work great!
TootSweet is offline   Reply With Quote

teachertech

Old 07-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I use the large size and love them. I only have enough for every other child to have the shield, but that is plenty. I have had them for 2 years and they are holding up very well.

teachertech is offline   Reply With Quote

jneg

I have them
Old 07-13-2007, 07:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have the regular size and just ordered the junior size. The others fall off the desks if they bump them because they just fit on their desks, but now they have the clips to help keep them up. They are expensive, but I think they will help. My kids like them, they always ask to use them, and when the kids are taking a test it is very helpful.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote

popcorn

Carrels
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have ordered plastic trifold carrels from the School Specialty catalog for half of my class. Having used these for testing purposes and for students who wish less visual distraction, I highly recommend them. I had one finally give way at a fold so I had to replace it for about $11. When I first purchased them, probably 10 years ago, they were about $7, but considering how long they have lasted, they are a worthy purchase. I haven't got a Really Good Stuff catalog at home, but I would suggest the full size, so it allows space for student materials. If height is the difference between junior and regular, I'd to with regular to give greater visual privacy.
popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote

tbsrwilson

Privacy Cards
Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I made this a few years ago. I copy it onto colored paper and laminate it. They take it out during tests or to keep wandering eyes off their papers. If someone tells me that someone is copying them, I tell them to take out thie privacy card. Because it does not stand up on their desk, I can see what everyone is up to. It really works well for me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf For My Eyes Only.pdf (21.9 KB, 318 views)
tbsrwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

camp823

Writing Offices
Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I use the writing offices from www.busyteacherscafe.com. They are a great teaching tool, plus they act as a privacy shield during tests. Why buy when you and the kids can make them?
camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote

dsrtroses

I had trouble with the 3 fold file folders
Old 07-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

with my group of 1st graders. They complained that they didn't stand up and were too short...I did have a group of "looker loos" this year! So I ended up buying the Really Good Stuff shields around Christmas and they worked much better. Those fell off the edge of desks some but weren't as flimsy. I have the regular size. It was hard for the kids to see over them which for some purposes was good and for others wasn't. I had to give a lot of oral & visual instruction due to 3/4 ELL population even during tests.

dsrtroses is offline   Reply With Quote

Charl

classroomproducts.com
Old 07-14-2007, 05:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

We ordered privacy shields from classroomproducts.com. They were $53.70 for a set of thirty. I did not let the students decorate them as shown on the site and we have kept them looking clean for two years now. I haven't price checked, but I think they are cheaper than Really Good Stuff. They fit great on our desks. Sometimes one will fall off, but it is no big deal!
Charl is offline   Reply With Quote

sdgirl

Pizza Boxes
Old 07-14-2007, 06:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I've used the lids of three large size pizza boxes (they have to be grease-free), cut them to the desired size, and duck taped them together at the seams. It may take a while to get enough boxes for a class set, but the students really like bringing these in to school to help you out!
sdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

GoTeachers

alicej
Old 07-14-2007, 08:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I like your poster board idea. I have some questions though... do you use one Large one for each student? Or, one of those smaller ones or do you cut a larger one? Do you fold it in three sections, laminate it? Sorry for so many questions... Right now I have put two file folders together with a little overlap, decorated them and laminated. They are okay (I've had for 3 years) just looking for something new because they are just starting to not be as sturdy. Thanks for helping and sharing.
GoTeachers is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachkids

Student offices
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I cut a large poster board into fourths. I can get 1 and 1/3 office out of each poster board. I laminated each individual rectangular fourth so they would last. Then I used book tape to tape the 3 pieces together. They store easily because they fold up...the two sides each fold into the middle. I actually had a parent make them for me. I pass them out for tests and collect them when the students are finished. They are still in terrific shape. I just used colored cardstock. They fit great on the students' desk, and the kids loved them. A child would have to be very obvious to look around at another student's paper to cheat.
iteachkids is offline   Reply With Quote

liketeaching1

two file folders
Old 07-14-2007, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I make the mini offices using two file folders. I found stickers at Dollar Tree (last summer) and put the alphabet, numbers, etc. inside. I laminated them and this helped them hold up. The kids kept them in their desks and I didn't have any tear up or fold down. I use colored file folders and it makes things more interesting.
liketeaching1 is offline   Reply With Quote

angelluv28

Poster board?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

How do you make these? My 1-3 graders seem to love using them during homework time and keeps them quiet! I am more than willing to purchase 100+ boards for my program if it helps with homework time!!
angelluv28 is offline   Reply With Quote

msamyb

Mini Offices
Old 07-14-2007, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I really like the two ideas posted that use file folders as "mini offices". I think I will try to make these this year for my second graders. I can get file folders in my school office for free - which is a BIG plus! Thanks camp823 for sharing the web site with us!
msamyb is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndGradeDeb

Old 07-14-2007, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I also use two file folders stapled together for "offices." I have done this for 13 years with 1st and 2nd graders. It works great! Students are allowed to decorate them, but they can not be cut!
2ndGradeDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

Pocket folders
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Our school has pocket folders with adverising on them.(They are pretty thick) We have oodles of them and I always help myself to a pile. I made privacy shields by stapling two together in a u shaped. You can adjust the size by how they are put together. The pocket helps keep them up. This was free and they worked well.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
teacher504876

teacher504876

agreed
Old 04-20-2014, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I agree. Why buy when you and the kids can make them?