Help

ARCHIVE

Photos of Classrooms with a Western Theme

>

scrappergirl

Photos of Classrooms with a Western Theme
Old 07-17-2007, 11:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm wondering if anyone has photos of a classroom with a western theme that you wouldn't mind sharing. Also for those who are doing or have done a western theme what creative name did you come up with for your "Star of the Week" board. I was thinking maybe calling the star the "Sheriff of the Week"...still not sold on that one though.

scrappergirl is offline   Reply With Quote

scraphappy

Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I was SOOOO close to doing a western theme this year. We are having a cowboy party for my son's 2nd birthday this weekend and I thought I could make use of the stuff. There are some cute bulletin board sets out there and Oriental Trading has a lot of stuff.

I just tried to find my word document that I had collected ideas and brainstormed in, but had no luck. I'll check more later.

Off the top of my head...

I had planned to put up fence posts and call my library "reading ranch."

Walmart has some great bandana and cow print fabrics that would make great backgrounds for bulletin boards with rope as a border (I love using real life objects as borders).

I always use one of my bulletin boards to display student work. I give them each a rectangular portion of it and they display the work of their choosing. I planned to outline each of their spaces by stapling twine to the board and titling it, "Lasso Some Great Work"

Sign outside the classroom reading "Home Home on the Range."

I did a camping theme last year and had a campfire (pictures: www.clutterfreeclassroom.com) that we used as our group area. I figured that would still work. I also had sleeping bags for reader's workshop...also would work. I had a bulletin board titled, Campfire Stories" next to it to display their writing.

I use 6 trait writing and had "6 Trait Trail" as my board. It had a hiking theme, but I figured I would salvage it and switch the hiking stuff to horses for the western theme.

OK, I have to run, but I am SO doing a western theme next time. This year I am going back to the beach!
scraphappy is offline   Reply With Quote

BevAnn

Western Theme Photos
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You might want to check out Mrs. Bainbridge's website. She has generously posted photos of her cowboy/western themed bulletin boards.

http://www.teacherweb.com/mi/central...mrsbainbridge/

Click on her "For Teachers" link.

Bev
http://teacherweb.com/NM/PajaritoEle...BeverlyRomero/
BevAnn is offline   Reply With Quote