Funny commercial - ProTeacher Community

tammynj

Funny commercial
Old 08-16-2013, 06:23 AM

I record almost everything I watch and therefore usually zip through the commercials, but somehow, I saw one and I am glad I did, b/c it was pretty funny. Just a clever play on being stuck with an old, outdated cell phone and having to wait.

A guy goes into a dim parking garage and a disheveled man approaches with his hand in his pocket on what looks like a gun and demands the guy's cell phone. When the guy hands the phone over, the robber is disgusted that this old phone is what the guy has. He tries to hand it back. The guy, though, refuses to take it back. The robber insists he take it back and shows the guy that he has no gun, just his finger pointed in his pocket. The guy still refuses and then puts his own hand into his pocket to make it seem like he has a gun (though it is clear he doesn't) and says, "Take it, take it..."

It is silly and made me giggle; as someone who has waited for their cell phone upgrade time, it hit a cord. (the commercial was about not having to wait to upgrade)

I looked for it on youtube but can't find it. Does anyone know which one I am talking about?

tammynj is offline   Reply With Quote

luvsteaching

Old 08-16-2013, 06:31 AM

I think it is the T Mobile one where they are telling you that with them you have to wait to upgrade. Now, I'll have to watch it. I have only listened to it or fast forwarded it and actually never seen it.
luvsteaching is offline   Reply With Quote

anonymouse

Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 AM

Is it with Bill Hader from Saturday Night Live? I think he's funny. He has a whole series of these commercials.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7OHA/t-mobile...ing-bill-hader
anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

Old 08-16-2013, 03:45 PM

I loved my very old phone that everyone always made fun of. It looked like a Night of the Living Dead pod, I wasn't going to trade it in ever, except I accidently dropped it and it broke. What? I didn't need it for anything except to argue about who was going to pick up a gallon of milk,
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

tammynj

Old 08-16-2013, 04:24 PM

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7OHA/t-mobile...ing-bill-hader

This is the one. Simple but funny!

Quote:
I loved my very old phone that everyone always made fun of.
I had an old phone, an EnV, that I was fine with. But it finally died and after using a borrowed flip phone (too low tech even for me) I bit the bullet and bought an iPhone. Which I love and has come in handy.

tammynj is offline   Reply With Quote