ReadyGen Lesson Plans - ProTeacher Community

crayon14

ReadyGen Lesson Plans
Old 10-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,
I work in NYC and my school is using the ReadyGen reading program. Aside from what I think of it, I am wondering if those of you who are also using it, are required by your principals to retype each lesson directly from the teachers guide as your lesson plan. I understand the importance of planning thoroughly, and I would understand if we were expected to pick and choose from the teachers guide as we plan, and then type up our specific lesson plans..but when we are being told to follow the program faithfully, what is the point of retyping the whole teachers guide??

To make me even more upset, some grade level lesson plans have been posted on TPT, so those teachers are able to simply download them, while of course 3rd grade is not.

Is anyone else in this situation? The amount of time that it takes to retype each lesson is really crazy to me, and a waste of time, I am honestly thinking of paying a college student to retype the teachers guide for me.

I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

crayon14 is offline   Reply With Quote

kster

Old 10-09-2013, 05:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do not use it was wondering if you have an online version to copy and paste? I understand this is still time consuming and a total pain but figured it would be easier than retyping and maybe your team could split the work? Sorry you are having to do this...what a waste of time!<!--grumpy-
kster is offline   Reply With Quote

kster

Old 10-09-2013, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Or if you just have a book, could you scan it?
kster is offline   Reply With Quote

opooh

ReadyGen Lessons
Old 12-04-2013, 03:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi, crayon14's
I have the same problem. We have to rewrite the lessons too. I teach 2 grades K and 1 special ed. I need two lessons for every day. I can not find any lessons online either.
In our schoool the teachers of our grade work together and we take turns writing out the lesson plans each week. We just email it to each other and then you can tweak what needs to be tweaked for your groups. Try it it really helps.
Good Luck.
opooh is offline   Reply With Quote