08-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I've used this every year! I love the "pop quiz". My kids get a kick out of it, once they figure it out. I had a boy last year finish to the bottom just to be funny.
I don't know how to attach, so I'll copy it here:
First Test of the Year!
Read this whole paper first, then follow the directions given. You have 10 minutes to complete this test. (Your teacher will be watching you and making notes of what you do, so read carefully!)
1. Write your name in the upper right hand corner
2. Put the date in the left hand corner
3. Write your age: ________
4. Write the name of the President of the U.S. ______________
5. Call the name of a friend, wave to them, and say hello.
6. Stand up and shake someone’s hand.
7. Get two others to tell you their favorite colors. Write their favorite colors here ____________ and _____________.
8. Run once around all the desks in the class yelling “We’re the best in the school!”
9. Find three others and play “Ring Around the Rosie.”
10. Put your left shoe on the desk and leave it there.
11. Give a high five to four different people.
12. Tell two others your middle name.
13. Add 237, 4986, and 866. Answer: __________________
14. After you do number 13, yell “I found the answer!”
15. Write the name of your favorite food. _______________
16. Sit down and stand up 10 times as fast as you can. Record how long it took you here: ________________
17. Print the name of the planet you live on ____________
18. Look to the person at the right and tell them something you like about them.
19. Draw one red circle and two blue triangles on the bottom of this page.
20. Don’t follow these instructions. Do only #1 and #2. Then sit quietly at your desk until time is called.