Help

ARCHIVE

Palm Tree

>

johnnajoy2000

Palm Tree
Old 07-28-2007, 06:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'd like to put some 3D elements on a jungle themed bulletin board. Can anyone tell me how to make a palm tree to attach to a bulletin board?

johnnajoy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

SanDiego3rd

If you have...
Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

a Party City near you, I just bought one about 6 ft. tall. It's on hinges and very cool looking.

Otherwise, take brown bb paper, twist and crinkle, for the trunk. Don't forget to add coconuts; balls of brown paper. The fronds can be cut from green paper, and attached to the bb only at the base, leaving the leaf flying free. Hope you can picture this, it's in my head!

Good luck!
Sandi
SanDiego3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

bri

Old 07-28-2007, 07:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My palm-ish tree last year was made of paper. I'm too poor to buy.

I took brown paper and curled it up like a trunk. Then I made green leaves shaped like palm leaves. Simple, flat on bottom and curved on top with one side at a higher curve than the other. Ten I stapled two or three leaves to the BB flat. I took the few remaining leaves, bent them at the base (where they would touch the BB) and then stapled them so they stuck out. So my tree had a few leaves flat against the wall and then about 3 or four sticking out to make the 3D effect, along with the trunk.
bri is offline   Reply With Quote

Bahama Mama

3-D palm tree
Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love cardBoard. Its free and sturdy. I used a large box (the kind that furniture comes in) Cut it to the height I wanted. Made several scores on the under side, be careful not to cut all the way through, this allowed me to curve the box to the shape of a trunk. Cover this with crinkled up brown paper. For leaves I cut out large leaves from green butcher paper. Tape or hot glue a wire hanger down the middle then attach this to the trunk by simply punching a whole with the hanger and gluing to secure in place. Bend hanger to shape leaves. Can stand in a pot or be attached to bulletin board. Add coconuts and presto! you have a 3-D palm tree.
Bahama Mama is offline   Reply With Quote