Help

ARCHIVE

sports theme help

>

ambdillev

sports theme help
Old 07-28-2007, 09:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've decided to go with a sports theme this year & need some creative thinkers out there to help! I teach 3rd grade and thought this theme would be great to incorporate teaching character qualities (ie perserverance, self-discipline, etc.). I need help with names for the areas in my room. For instance, maybe the class library could be the dugout. Any other ideas? I also have a computer area that I can't figure out a name for.
Any other ideas for incorporating a sports theme in the classroom would be greatly appreciated.
Any ideas for job names?

ambdillev is offline   Reply With Quote

J.Elaine

Ideas from the Archive
Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Did you think of looking in the "Archive"? I went up to the Archive box and typed in "sports theme" and the search came up with 95 posts about that topic. I'm sure some of the posts are requests like yours, but there have to be some pretty good ideas archived as well. It's worth a try!
J.Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote

blessedx3

Old 07-29-2007, 06:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Mrs. Powell's website has a cute helper board that says "PItch in and help" - you could google it to find it.
blessedx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Brownie

Me too!
Old 07-29-2007, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm doing a sports theme as well this year. I've decided on these titles for boards; Math Board - "Major League Math" Reading -"The Reading Dugout" Meeting Area on Carpet- "The Locker Room" "All Star Writing"
"We get a kick out of Science" (soccer) Star Student is MVP
Vocabulary -"Tackling Tough Words" Etc. On my door for the first day of school - Mrs. ________'s Starting Line Up and their names on baseballs. Just some ideas.
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Ideas!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Please see the attachment. It is not well organized, but should give you some ideas.

You might also want to look at the materials at these websites:
www.reallygoodstuff.com - "Welcome to Our Team" banner (154497), lazer paper (154498), name tags (154499), poster (155393) and there is so many other things too.

www.carsondellosa.com - "All-Stars" (110016), pennants (120006), megaphones (120005) and (188004)

www.teacherstore@scholastic.com - "Sport Kids! bulletin board" and "Welcome Back Team! design paper" (Sorry, but I do not have the numbers for these items.)

www.upstartpromotions.com - "Team Read" There are posters, bookmarks, etc. Just type in "Team Read" and all the items will get posted.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files
File Type: doc TEAM Theme.doc (23.5 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by ConnieWI; 07-29-2007 at 07:17 PM..
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote
teriinVa

teriinVa

teacher
Old 07-29-2007, 08:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

ok, how about Flags/penants for areas - use words like "play book" maybe for math straitagies... definate red flags for behavior...are they going to call you coach? Long jumpers/track and field when you study measurement.

omm make board games using basketball court. Get some pom poms for spirit before you take a test Learn some chants.

Some baseball bags use red electrical tape for the diamonds (square pillows for bags) for the reading area. ... some cheap turf for your area ...you can use dry erase markers on green chalkboards - draw a soccer field or football field use a damp sponge to clean. hope those help to get your wheels turning!

ambdillev

Wow...
Old 07-30-2007, 11:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks soooo much for all of the creative input! It has really gotten me excited for the new year. I've bought/made a few items already, and now just have to put everything into motion.

Thanks again for all of the help.

I'm still trying to work on class job names...thinking I will be coach, and my assistant teacher will be (of course) the assistant coach, so there will be team manager (line leader), scout (office runner/messenger), water boy/girl (water counter), but I'm not sure what else.
I still have class librarian, attendance (maybe stats/books?), caboose, floor monitor (grounds keeper?), class monitor. Any ideas?
ambdillev is offline   Reply With Quote

MBRSoccer

Job Names
Old 07-30-2007, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Your class monitor could be the referee possibly. Your floor monitor could be maintenance. Attendance should definitely be the statistician. You could also have captains somewhere along the way (maybe your runner/messenger). I like all the other ideas too!
MBRSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote