Help

ARCHIVE

Morning meeting question

>

TerryT

Morning meeting question
Old 07-31-2007, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am interested in hearing what everyone does during their morning meetings, as I notice many have included it in their schedules. I started out having one last year and somehow it just fizzled out. For those of you who do RW do you tie it in to that or is MM just for schedule of the day, calendar, etc?
Thanks!

TerryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Socks

Morning Meeting
Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do it Responsive Classroom style. I use the book The Morning Meeting Book by Roxann Kriete. Basically it consists of a classroom greeting (students greet each other), a quick game or activity, news and announcements (Morning Message), and a quick share time.
Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

Mom4a_and_c

morning agenda
Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't call mine a morning meeting but a morning agenda update. It takes about 5 minutes. We go over the events for the day and adress and issues from the previous that were not yet resolved.

Marie from PA
Mom4a_and_c is offline   Reply With Quote

iteach4th

My Morning Meeting...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My Morning Meeting is right after the bell rings to start our day. We meet at the carpet. We do morning greetings, discuss our day's schedule and any other "news" of the day, and since it's at the beginning of our reading/literature block, I usually do a mini lesson on the strategy we're working on. Sometimes, we do wordwall work or discuss our weekly vocab, too.

On good days, it only takes about 15 minutes. Sometimes, though, it's longer, especially if I use a picture book for our mini lesson.

I think it's a great way to focus and begin our day.
iteach4th is offline   Reply With Quote

kristeacher

Love Morning Meeting
Old 07-31-2007, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I started having Morning Meeting last December and loved it. The parts of the meeting were : Greeting ( these varied from saying hello in different languages to Morniing dances, to Poems) Morning Message, Sharing TIme and a Community Building Game or song. The games were the kid's favorite. We played everykind of game from SPARKLE, hand games, to Doggy Doggy. We also sang every Monday and Friday. I introduced songs from musicals to oldies. Morning Meetings lasted about 15-20 minutes. They were really a chance for the class to grow and bond together.

There is a website you should look at called the Responisve Classroom.
Good luck with Morning Meeting. I think you will love it.

kristeacher is offline   Reply With Quote