ARCHIVE

Pokka dot turmoil!

>

teach4nc

Pokka dot turmoil!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay..

Teaching 5th grade S.S. and Reading. I fell in love with some black and white/red and white pokka dot border.

I think all my creative juices were burned out in college and now that I actually have my very own bulletin board to decorate, Im frozen!

I know there are tons of things I can do.. Can anyone just help me jump start my brain?!?

Our mascot is the Spartan so Id maybe like to include that too.

teach4nc is offline   Reply With Quote

katiebaum

Previous Thread
Old 07-31-2007, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I hope this address gets you on another poka dot thread.

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...ad.php?t=48092
katiebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Trinette

Trinette

Dots
Old 08-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Once school starts, you could use the candy "DOTS" to do a welcome back exercise. The students could open their box and respond to a series of questions relating to color. For example, if they have a red one, the student has to reveal their favorite color. Green = how many pets? Etc....They sell the big bag of individual size boxes at Wal-Mart, like you would hand out at Halloween. Or you could buy a box for 88 cents and divide them into sandwich baggies.

Also, Lowe's sells giant sticker shapes. They are in the wallpaper department. I believe there are 5 stickers per pack ($10). They are great and adhere to any wall. When you remove them, they do not leave any residue whatsoever. They come in multiple colors and in circles and squares.

Have fun and good luck!

katiebaum

Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My friend just told me of a neat incentive for behavior. Connect the dots. Every time the class is well behaved or bragged on she goes farther on the picture. Then they get an award when they have completed it.
katiebaum is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher210

polka dots
Old 08-05-2007, 09:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I love the polka dot idea too!! I am going to put a BB in the hallway that says "Look Who's Been Spotted in 4th Grade!" and put their names and pictures on a large dot. My behavior BB will say "Get Spotted Doing the Right Thing" and thinking I might do something with red, yellow and green dots. "A Good Book Hits the Spot" for my reading corner. I was thinking of getting the old fashined button candy that comes on the paper and giving each kid a strip. For every dot on the paper they have to tell something about themselves. Those are my ideas so far, but I would love to hear more!

teacher210 is offline   Reply With Quote

g8rFan

How about...
Old 08-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Make up a line like "math is cool" (or whatever) and then say "and DOTS the truth!"
g8rFan is offline   Reply With Quote