Hollywood bulletin boards!!! - ProTeacher Community

wittygirl111

Hollywood bulletin boards!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I'm a third grade teacher and my theme this year is a Hollywood theme. I have 11 bulletin boards that I need to cover which is overwhelming. What different things should I put on my boards and also tie into my theme? What colors should I use for the Hollywood theme? Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

From Overwhelmed

wittygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsjames2nd

I'm also doing a movie themed class
Old 08-01-2007, 07:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have come across many ideas some taken from other threads.
  • I bought my scene setter online or you can get one at partycity to cover like a wall of your room.
  • My scene setter is red carpet.
  • Reading corner: Red Carpet Readers
  • Read with the stars - I will have pictures of celebrities reading( try www.getcaughtreading.com for downloadable posters)
  • I also bought a red carpet at Party City for 4.99 I plan on keeping up all year. Director's clap baord is 1.99 and other cute stuff.
  • I have created S.T.A.R. ( students, taking academic responsibility) for homework and notices. check out my site: www.mrsjames2ndgrade.inspiringt eachers.com
  • STAR nameplates can be used for the first day.
Attached FilesMOVIE%20THEME%20IDEAS[1].doc (28.5 KB, 7 views)starnameplate.pdf (84.6 KB, 8 views)
mrsjames2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

wittygirl111

Old 08-01-2007, 09:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What do you mean by scene setter with the red carpet? Cute ideas, thanks
Wendy

REB

scene setter....
Old 08-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

A scene setter literally is plastic paper (feels like a plastic tablecloth, but a lot larger), and covers a section of a wall, and has a scene on it, like a starry night, awards ceremony, palm trees, with the Hollywood sign...these are some of the ones I've seen for the Hollywood theme at party stores.

Party City sells them if you have one near you.

I'm doing the movie theme as well, and did it last year, but this year I added to it.

I also have a scene setter that I'm using that has the night skyline, palmtrees, and the Hollywood sign lit up. I'm using it for Open House also, if students want to take a picture at it, with their parents.

REB
REB is offline   Reply With Quote

wittygirl111

Old 08-01-2007, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

oh okay...that makes sense. Thanks for the suggestions.

Liz1126

Liz1126

Old 08-01-2007, 09:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We did a Storyline (old Scottish teaching method), which is Interdisciplinary. I taught in Hollywood so the unit was about our community and students had to write and record short news stories about places in Hollywood. They also had to construct a 'frieze' or backdrop for our news show. I have pictures if you email me. It was fun and the kids did it completely on their own. I know partycity has some fun Hollywood type stuff too. colemane1126@hotmail.com

Definitely get a director's chair and a slap board!!
KayJ

KayJ

Old 08-04-2007, 07:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Try a "if you liked the movie, you'll love the book" bulletin board. There are certainly enough children's books turned into movies to last you for a while.
Scouty_TX

Scouty_TX

Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I did a movie theme last year and it was so much fun. Here are some of the things I did...

I got black fabric and hung it around my large blackboard like a big movie curtain. I just gathered and stapled it across the top and hung it down the sides. It really was a focal point and made it look just like a real movie theater.

For one of my bulletin boards I got some red and white striped fabric and cut it into the shape of a popcorn bag. Then I bunched up yellow and white paper and stapled it like it was spilling out of the bag and I wrote... "Great work is popping up!"

You could use plastic popcorn holders for supplies, a red carpet area,

Here are some other bulletin boards slogans you could use...

"Now starring in 3rd grade ..."
"Books in Review"
"_________"s in the spotlight"
"Places Everyone.... "was one title I used for a place value unit at the beginning of the year

Hope these help

Artbex

Hollywood theme
Old 06-24-2008, 06:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I would like to see the pictures. I am new to this and haven't figured out how to get my email address sent to just you and not the entire site.
Artbex is offline   Reply With Quote