HELP! I need outer space theme ideas - ProTeacher Community

MsO

HELP! I need outer space theme ideas
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Please help me!! I am drawing a blank on cute ideas for bulletin board titles that have an outer space or stars theme.

Any ideas???

MsO is offline   Reply With Quote

VCUTeach

what do you need?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What types of bb are you doing? Word wall, student work, behavior, etc. It may help us come up with some ideas if we knew what bb you needed titles for. Here are some ideas....

Out of this world...
Shooting Stars
Mission: __________
Blast off with...
VCUTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

MsO

Old 08-01-2007, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Behavior
Birthdays
Reading
Centers
student work
Calendar/Info Board

Thanks I forgot to include that!
MsO is offline   Reply With Quote

LisaLin3

I too am
Old 08-01-2007, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

doing an outerspace theme. I am using Blast into 3rd grade on my outside wall with each child's name on a space ship and an earth at the bottom.

For good work I putting Shoot for the stars and have each childs name on a star (saw this on this site somewhere) put the stars on construction paper with stars at top and change work weekly

I bought a tent that is in the shape of a rocket for my reading center(it's big enough to put two bean bags inside) also found a blowup chair for $3 with aliens on it

Behind my math bb I'm using star material

I also use material for all bb(each has a different star outerspace theme)

For good behavior I haven't really decided yet

I would also like to hear any other suggestions anyone has.
LisaLin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Trinette

Trinette

Space
Old 08-02-2007, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

If you have a Party City nearby, there is a 40 or 50 ft scene-setter that looks like a night sky filled with stars. It is great!

Mr. K

Use Mission Control
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

for the calendar, information board.

"Work That's Out of this World"...good work
This Class is Out of This World

Stellar Student (student of the week)
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Stacia

Stacia

Outer space bulletin board theme
Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am working on this project at the moment, I am cutting out spaceship templates that are large, and cutting a large window in the front then putting the children's pictures behind them so they appear to be looking out from the inside. I am then attaching these to my board and writing "Our Student's are OUT OF THIS WORLD". I am having the children color the ships to make it more personalized...i guess it depends on your class size and look that you want to create. You can make the ships smaller with small pictures as well. I hope this helps, have fun!!!

hrush

Idea
Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

When I did my last space themed bulletin board, I used black bulletin board paper, white & yellow tempera paint, and a cheap toothbrush. I put the paper up and then put some paint on a paper plate and used the toothbrush to splatter, and smear small areas of paint. I then placed planets on the board after it dried. I had the names posted randomly. The students would use yarn to connect the planets with their names based on the information cards used as a board that described the planets.

The title for the board was something like, "Finding Our Way in the Solar System."

I would post pictures, but unfortunately they were on my computer that recently crashed. I had scanned in the originals that I can't seem to locate. I am sure that they are in the file for the unit. The problem is that I have changed grades and that means they are in one of the totes from those years. When I pack up for this year, I will be going back through the stored material. I will post the pictures if I come across them.
hrush is offline   Reply With Quote