Me In A Bag
I have a shiny purple gift bag. (It was from a friend when she gave my husband and I a wedding gift.)
I call this Our Discovery Bag. I use it to introduce what ever I need to share. I often ask the kiddos for guesses first just to see what they say and get their juices flowing. I often use it when I have to "introduce" scissors or using a glue stick etc to make it fun. On the first day I use as my Me in A Bag.
I put 4 to 6 things inside my bag to introduce myself. I try to only put one or two photos and the rest objects. This year I plan to put in :
- peppermint tea bag: This is what I like to drink.
- dog bone/treat: I have a 60 pound dog named Nanook
- Family photo from my father's retirement party last Summer in Nova Scotia ( I now live and teach in Manitoba) My parents came to visit us for the first time this Summer. (I have been away from my NS home for about 7 years now...) My husband and I only return to NS every other year.
- Brochure from my Dinner Theatre experience this Summer when I traveled to Winnipeg with my parents and my husband.
- I might also include a small stone I found while tenting this Summer with my husband and friends.
- A picture of someone inside Wall/Rock climbing - This is something I'd love to try someday. My goal is try it within the next year.
Include things that tells them a little something about you. Be creative. You could also have them do this with a lunch bag or give them a photocopy of a school bag design on paper and have them draw or cut out of a magazine things for their own Me In A Bag project. It would make a cute BB.