Dr. Seuss Bulletin Board - ProTeacher Community

imacacher

Dr. Seuss Bulletin Board
Old 02-18-2006, 06:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any creative ideas?

I have Dr. Seuss fabric to use at the background, and I also have the bulletin board cut outs from the Cat in the Hat, but I'm lacking ideas!

imacacher is offline   Reply With Quote

clydesdale115

clydesdale115

Dr. Seuss BB
Old 02-18-2006, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Maybe you could create a giant Dr. Seuss hat (red/white) for the center bottom of the BB. Make the top of the hat open up like a lid. Then "spilling" out from the lid top could be book covers from various Dr. Seuss books.

Or you could put Dr. Seuss' hat in the center, then surround it with other hats of all kinds: baseball cap, sombrero, hardhat, etc. (like Bartholomew Cubbins).

clydesdale115

kimberlyam4

Bulletin Board
Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did a bulletin board for Read Across America and would have loved to had the fabric. I cut out red, white and blue outlines of the US and then took pictures of my kids reading a Dr. Seuss book and glued them on top of the US outlines. Then I put a Cat in the Hat in middle of the BB with those pictures all around with the title READ ACROSS AMERICA. Maybe my idea could strike up one of your own. I will tell you I have found that my Principal and fellow teachers like the pictures of the kids on the BBs.
kimberlyam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Kim W.

Kim W.

Idea for Dr. Seuss bulletin board
Old 02-20-2006, 06:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Last year, I drew characters from various Dr. Seuss books, laminated them and then posted the words "Oh the Characters You'll Meet Without Leaving Your Seat!" I think I'll use it again this year, since I kept all the drawings.
MrsG

MrsG

Dr. Suess BB idea
Old 04-16-2006, 02:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I used a Dr. Seuss Glyph I found on the Virtual Vine and add some rhyming peoms the students wrote on Dr. Seuss hats.

drseussaholic

drseussaholic

foot book
Old 01-07-2008, 11:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Stamp child's footprint on white paper and add quotes from the foot book with a big red and white striped hat in the middle- footprint makes good keepsake for parents when bulletin board is taken down
Pamela Baker

Pamela Baker

Dr. Seuss
Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have called every Frabic Store in NC. Can I ask You where you found yours!

familytobe08@yahoo.com is my email
SEUSSFAN

SEUSSFAN

beginning of year BB
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Hat in the middle, with text: ABCDEFG, Welcome to room 403... or whatever your room is to make it rhyme. Place student names on hat cut outs or seuss character cutouts, footshapes or colored fish...

Karlyssa

Read Across America Bulletin Board
Old 03-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I purchased large red and white gift wrap paper. Using a packaged Read Across America bulletin board boarder and cut out Dr. Seuss characters, I then printed/laminated large pictuares of some of Dr. Seuss' favorite book characters. Then I made red/blue lined sheets of paper and asked students/teachers to write their name under 6 favorite quotes like, "A person's a person, no matter how small." I covered my door with the large red/white striped gift wrap paper as well and put packaged "Oh the places you'll go," sign on my door. I made large colored street signs such as Peace Place, Kindness Street, Respect Boulevard, etc. I also purchased the Seuss apps and took pictures of children, staff in various picture frames. These pictures will be placed on the top of the door and the bulletin board.
Karen
Karlyssa is offline   Reply With Quote