Puzzle Piece Bulletin Board - ProTeacher Community

heddyb65

Puzzle Piece Bulletin Board
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

A colleague gave me a package of large (12x12) white puzzle pieces. She had misordered from Oriental Trading and didn't want that many. I know I could use them on a bulletin board to start the year but I thought some of you might have some really creative ideas.

Thanks!!

heddyb65 is offline   Reply With Quote

GoTeachers

Re: Puzzle Piece Bulletin Board
Old 08-14-2007, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I cut out puzzle pieces from white poster board (lucky that you have them pre-made AND free) . I have the kids decorate them however they want ( I do this on the first day or so of school). Then we put them all together and hang in the hallway with a sign that says:

All the pieces fit in Mrs. BXXX's room!

We do this after talking about class rules and how we will be like a family and we have to work together and help each other. We are "connected." Hope this helps!
GoTeachers is offline   Reply With Quote

ASDT

Re: Puzzle Piece Bulletin Board
Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did this in my kindergarten classroom for the last several years.

It was titled Welcome to Kindergarten, Where All the Pieces Fit.
I found pictures of different things we did in kindergarten and mounted them on puzzle pieces cut out of construction paper. I then cut out a construction paper puzzle piece for each child's name

I sent out the plain white puzzle pieces with my welcome letter with instructions for them to decorate with any art supplies to some way resemble themselves.

They brought them back when they came to Meet The Teacher, the day before the first day of school. I then added them to the board, along with their picture I took that night.

When they came the first day, they saw their name, picture, and work right away, so they already felt like they belonged.
ASDT is offline   Reply With Quote