ARCHIVE

Back to School Postcards

>

ladydi

Back to School Postcards
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi Everyone,
I want to send my new students a postcard welcoming them back to school and to second grade. I need suggestions of what to write, something short and sweet. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

ladydi is offline   Reply With Quote

kidzrule

Re: Back to School Postcards
Old 08-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I send out letters each year...I just introduce myself, saying that I am so excited to be their new teacher. I mention that I've been busy getting the classroom all ready for them. We do an informal Open House the Friday before school begins - so I invite them to come and meet me and bring their school supplies - then I give the list of supplies and wish them a happy remainder of summer.

Hope this helps!
kidzrule is offline   Reply With Quote

alicej

Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did mine today and I keep it brief.
I just found out you will be in my class this year. Can't wait to meet you at "Meet the Teacher" night.
Once school starts I send out thank you postcards for the ones who came thanking them for coming. kids love getting mail
alicej is offline   Reply With Quote

TCS2nd

Just did mine
Old 08-15-2007, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had handwrote this short message on postcards:
Dear So & so,
I hope you are having a wonderful summer! I am excited to have you in second grade this year. I've been busy planning a fun year, and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you. I'll see you soon! Sincerely, Mrs. M.

Mine went out on Monday and I had a phone call today from a parent thanking me for sending this post card to their daughter. Who was having apphrensions about second grade. They said that she was very excited to get this mail.
TCS2nd is offline   Reply With Quote

jnd

Old 08-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I sent mine out today. I just handwrite a short message. They said something to this effect:

Dear _________,
Welcome to 2nd grade! I hope you had a great summer. I am so excited to have you in my class this year! 2nd grade is so much fun! You are going to learn a lot of new things. I hope to see you on Meet the Teacher night.
Love,

jnd is offline   Reply With Quote

bmxmom

Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I've been working on mine this week, too, and they basically say the same thing as the others. I started doing this about 8 years ago. The feedback from parents has always been so wonderful! The children get soooo excited to get something from their teacher! I am now a parent of 3 myself - an 8 year old son and twin girls who just turned 5. My son has only gotten one of these cards in the past-from his preschool teacher. Let me tell you - he was so excited! It really hit home to me the importance of this very small task. I'm hoping my daughters get one from their teachers before they start kindergarten this year!
bmxmom is offline   Reply With Quote

ladydi

Old 08-16-2007, 02:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks so much for your suggestions. My school doesn't start until after Labor Day, so I will mail them out next week.
ladydi is offline   Reply With Quote