Help

Gifted Education

Fun Activities for Middle Schoolers

>

magoosmom

Fun Activities for Middle Schoolers
Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This year, I have been seeing my 7th and 8th graders (one group of 12 kids) on Wednesdays. All day on Wednesday, without a break. Now I have known and taught many of them for years and I love each and every one of them...individually. As a group, not so much. At this point in the year, I am ready to send the little darlings on to summer.

I really only have one more Wednesday with them. The last Wednesday of the year is exam week and I'm not sure I will even have any students that day. I had originally planned to do a mini-unit on creating a magazine with them, but end of year testing messed with that plan. So I have one more day that needs to be filled.

After a long day with them yesterday, I'm looking for some quick, engaging activities that say Hey, it's the end of the year. Let's have some fun without spending too much of the teacher's money and without whittling away what little is left of the her patience and sanity.

Any thoughts? I really REALLY appreciate it .

magoosmom is offline   Reply With Quote