Help with spring roller maps! - ProTeacher Community

claypage

claypage

Help with spring roller maps!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

After three years of begging, my school finally bought me a set of maps for my world history class. I was so excited! They're a set of 19 maps on a spring roller. I had them installed, and when I went to look at them, I pulled them down. Now I can't get them to roll back up. No matter how much I pull it down, the spring will not let it roll back up. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix this, please let me know! I really don't want to think they've been broken on the first day they were put up!

Danita

Stop pulling
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

and start rolling backwards...they need to be "rewound" so to speak. It will take a bit of time on your part, but it's doable. Also, watch how far you pull them down. Think along the lines of the old window shades...same concept just a lot more $$$ involved! Good luck!
Danita is offline   Reply With Quote

sandra2548

Spring roller maps
Old 09-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi Clay,

I am a representative for Rand McNally. If you purchased these maps from Rand McNally and they are less than a year old they will certainly replace them. I really don't recommend more than ten maps on one roller usually. If more than that I would recommend maps on a disk and each map flips over easily.

These maps are very expensive and should last you a long time. Rand McNally is so good about replacing defective maps. I use to teach social studies before I became a rep for them and loved their maps.

If you did not get them from Rand McNally, I would defintely call the company and demand they replace them. Any reputable company should honor this request.

Hope this helps
sandra2548 is offline   Reply With Quote