Help

Inspirations

Student "funny"

>

EllaKate

Student "funny"
Old 09-18-2015, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So one of my students was absent yesterday....not a big deal. I usually ask my students why they were absent (just curious). He said he missed the bus and his dad didn't know where the school was so he stayed home. What??

BTW, he's new to our school/district but still....

EllaKate is online now   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Reminds me of...
Old 09-18-2015, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That reminds me of a vent post that was posted a few weeks ago, I think by Angelo. This kid was new to the area and asked where the bus stop was. He got on the bus and got off at the school. He followed his schedule. He then asked his teacher after like 2 or 3 days why his name is never called during attendance. Turns out he was a middle schooler who was at the high school!
Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote
dittodit

dittodit

Had similar situation
Old 09-18-2015, 07:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One of my students was absent. The office called the mom who said her son was in school. Um, nope. Turns out the boyfriend who was supposed to take the boy to school couldn't find the school, took the kid home, and told mom he was at school. (I teach in a town of 1000 people where the school is on the main thoroughfare.) Kid showed up shortly thereafter. I don't think boyfriend was put in charge anymore!

I really did like the boy and the mom. There were no issues after that one.

BioAdoptMom3

Old 09-18-2015, 08:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The kinds of stories we hear about absences are amazing! I taught for 21 years in a very high percentage Title I school and heard everything from my mom got arrested and had to go to jail to my dad was throwing up because he was at a party late last night and didn't feel like bringing me to my mama ran off last night with the car and daddy had no way to get me here!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
craziness2222

craziness2222

Old 09-19-2015, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I found a kid wandering in the neighborhood with his backpack way after he should have had time to get home from school. It turns out he was lost and didn't know how to get home. His mother had just moved in with her boyfriend. They dropped him off at school but didn't tell him how to get home. He didn't know his address, phone number or how to reach his mother either.

Voila123

Old 10-11-2015, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It happens. I take my GPS anywhere I go. lets post a pink ribbon smilie for breast cancer month,
Voila123 is offline   Reply With Quote