Cute ideas for class name bull. board? - ProTeacher Community

newKteach

Cute ideas for class name bull. board?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any cute ideas for a "name" bulletin board. <Where all student's names are listed alphabetically and their picture is next to their name> One of my teammates is doing a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom theme and her board says "From A-Z in Kindergarten". Since I'm already copying so much from them :-) I'd like to come up with something different "on my own" Thanks!

newKteach is offline   Reply With Quote

URMySunshine

A few I've seen...
Old 08-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

*A crayon box with the words 'A Brand New Pack' and the kids' names written on individual crayons.

*'A Brand New Crop' - with a basket full of apples; kids' names on the apples.

* An owl with the heading, 'Look Whoo's in ___ grade'
URMySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

rocky5

ants
Old 08-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just finished my outside hall bulletin board and received tons of compliments, even as I was putting it up...The title was "The ants go marching one by one to K-R, K-R..." which I die cut out of yellow letters.(K-R stands for kindergarten-Mrs. Rokosky) It was a red checked plastic picnic tablecloth with green construction paper grass around the outer edge. On the cloth were white paper plates, each listing some of the subject areas and specific areas that we would be covering, along with plastic cutlery, napkins, and cups that I hot-glued on. Each child's name was written in bold black letters on an ant xerox, produced on brownish tan paper on our xerox machine. Bulletin boards are such a pain!
rocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote

msjules

Old 08-28-2007, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm doing "Things are blooming in our kinder"garden" and putting up large flowers with the students' pictures as the middle of the flower and their names on the stems.
msjules is offline   Reply With Quote

GreatGrin

Ideas
Old 08-28-2007, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

A few I have seen teachers do:
1. Clifford the Big Red Dog with each child's name on a bone. First Grade is a real Treat!
2. A spider web with the teacher's name in the middle and all the kids around on the web on spider cut outs. The theme had something to do with a community-cute board though.
3. Welcome back to the school-each kid on a fish all clustered together like a school of fish
4. One teacher's last name is Hook. Her theme was Get "Hook"ed on 2nd grade-and put each kids name on a fish, and put a real net over the board and a huge hook at the top grabbing the net.

GreatGrin is offline   Reply With Quote

alissamagissa

names...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I put the kids names on sentence strips with a little photo of them to go on our word wall. For the first few weeks, we have a special student every day (starting with me!). The kids get to spell their name, build it, cheer it, and then take home a ring pop! Then, all of the kids draw pictures of the special student and practice writing his/her name. The special students get their self-portraits put on a bulletin board and gets to take home the pictures the other children drew. Finally, his/her name goes up on the word wall. The kids use the names all year to write to each other.

I also have monkeys on my classroom door with the kids names on them and it says "Hanging out in Kindergarten". :-)
alissamagissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Laura

Mine
Old 08-29-2007, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have pencils and the saying..."Staying sharp in room 121"

Smiling faces and "Smiling around in kindergarten"

Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Darcie

Darcie

Old 04-04-2008, 01:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

However, last placement, I did a bulleting board and took all of the students names and made a crosswrod puzzle with them. Then on the side, I wrote the "hints" and put like 1 across with that students picture. It turned out really good and was easy to make. I just went on puzzlemaker so that it made a puzzle for me and I didnt have to try to figure out where to put the names. I know this won't be alphabetical--but i didnt know how important that was.

AddieJ

math BB with names
Old 04-05-2008, 04:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

For a math BB with student names, we graphed how many letters are in everyone's name. We put the names and pictures along the bottom and numbers going up the side. Kids colored the number of boxes equal to their name and we glued them on the board. I hope that made sense. It looked good when we finished.
AddieJ is offline   Reply With Quote