Help

Sixth Grade

Student with stress/anxiety

>

mrteacherguy

Student with stress/anxiety
Old 04-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

A student in one of my 6th grade classes has apparently/supposedly been getting stress/anxiety rashes from my class.

After seeing the doctor and his guardians talk with the principal, they've decided that he should still receive work from my class (which means I need to develop special assignments for him) but will sit in another classroom during the time he would normally come to me.

Is there something that I'm doing majorly wrong if a student is developing rashes and has such high stress/anxiety because of my class (still not sure I completely believe it), or is this more to do with his personality/traits causing it?

mrteacherguy is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 05-14-2016, 03:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've never heard of anything like that specifically, but it occasionally happens that a student may not mesh with a teacher for whatever reason. It could be the student is a very sensitive young man and something that would never upset another student did upset this one.

It sounds like the principal didn't even offer up any specifics to you from the meeting s/he had with the doctor/guardians. Have you had a good relationship with the child this year or has there been some friction? If the student has guardians then is there something in his background that could have come up? Perhaps you remind this student of someone who hurt them emotionally?

I would try to find out more and think about your interactions with this student and the atmosphere in that particular class. If things are fine with your other students and the atmosphere in that class, don't let this upset you as it is beyond your control and probably related to the kid's past.
ZipLine is offline   Reply With Quote