MI, learning styles inventory - ProTeacher Community

Hockey73

MI, learning styles inventory
Old 09-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a good inventory or survey to help students discover their learning styles or preferred learning setting? Anything related to the multiple intelligences? I would like to do something like this in the first week but cannot find anything good for the fifth grade level.
Thanks for anything you can suggest!!

Hockey73 is offline   Reply With Quote

smithf1

Multiple intelligences
Old 09-03-2007, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have used this online test with 5th graders. At the end they can print out a graph showing their styles.
http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/reso.../questions.cfm

I start with a discussion of how we learn. (e.g. visual vs. oral) This site explains each of the intelligences.
http://www.adifferentplace.org/intelligences.htm

I hope this helps.
smithf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

ilteacher

Alien Multiple Intelligences
Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This isn't a survey, but something you can use with kids once they discover their perferred learning style. It has "aliens" that represent the different learning styles. If you click on an alien it takes you to a page with a more detailed description. If you click on the "YES, that's me" button, it takes you to a page that talks about the best ways to study, organize, games online to play, etc. My kids last year loved it!

http://www.ncwiseowl.org/kscope/tech.../eSmartz1.html#
ilteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

ashleymarie81

MI test
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

www.mitest.com is another great site!

Thanks for posting the others! Have any of you had your students complete the test at home with parents? We have limited time and use of our computer lab and I'm considering asking them to do it at home. The majority of my kiddos have computers/internet so it shouldn't be a problem. I guess I could type up a brief description of what the purpose is for the "assignment" and encourage parents to also take the test.

I really like the link that smith posted where you can print a graph of your test results. (It does take up a lot of ink though! )
ashleymarie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Therese C.

Therese C.

printable learning styles inventory
Old 09-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've looked into the sites that were recommended for students to take a learning styles inventory. Very nice sites and inventories! However, my school had several computers stolen over the summer, and I can't have all my students completing the inventory online.
Does anyone know a website where I can download the printable version of a good learning styles inventory?