Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

I need some advice please

>

GreenieT

I need some advice please
Old 05-28-2016, 07:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Good evening everyone,

I am a nursery school teacher in South Africa. My class is painted yellow and orange so I decided to make the theme a Jungle. But that is as far as I have gotten. I need some advise and ideas on how to implement it. Like how to make decorations, labels and everything that goes with it myself. I have no budget to spend so everything I will have to make myself.

So please if you have any ideas that I can use or suggestions where I can look I would be so thankful

GreenieT is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

Jungles are fun
Old 05-28-2016, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can use brown bulletin board paper or wrapping paper to twist into tree trunks and/or vines. Then make leaves out of construction paper or bulletin board paper and hang them all over the trees and vines. Put stuffed animals around in the trees or on the floor. I've seen some jungle themed classrooms where they covered a whole wall with vines and leaves, and some where they just do a bulletin board using the theme, and maybe make a little "reading hut" somewhere in the room. There's so much you can do with that theme. Zebra stripes on bulletin board border, stuffed animals for reading buddies, animal names for groups, etc. Pinterest has some great ideas. Go to pinterest, and enter jungle themes for classrooms on the search line.
Good luck!
linda2671 is online now   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

PT archives. . .
Old 05-28-2016, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

has some great ideas
http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...ad.php?t=10500
I luv the book Giraffe's Can't Dance and your kids will luv it too.
I've never done a jungle theme but in your case where you probably have limited resources and no budget I would def. go on https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/ and type in jungle theme. There will be oodles of number cards, alphabet strips, behavior charts, clip arts, etc. . .for your jungle theme. Type in free and pre-k to see what comes up. Good luck
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenieT

Old 06-24-2016, 03:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you so much for that idea I am going to give it a try. I will post some pictures once I am done with my classroom
GreenieT is offline   Reply With Quote