Sixth Grade

Anxiety!

>

1FunTeach

Anxiety!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi Eveyone
I will be teaching 6th grafe English this year. I am looking for ways to make grammar and vocabulary more interesting for the students. I am also interested in ideas for teaching formal writing. I have lots of anciety right now.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1FunTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvMyRatties

Grammar/Writing
Old 08-09-2016, 11:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Look for Caught 'Ya Grammar Giggles in the Middle by Jane Kiester. I've used it for several years but have adapted it to fit the way I teach. I also use Sentence Sense from Charlene Tess on Teachers Pay Teachers.

Feel free to ask me anything else
LuvMyRatties is offline   Reply With Quote

jady_marie

Whole Brain
Old 08-09-2016, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Go to the Whole Brain Teaching Website. They have so many great ideas for writing and grammar. I also teach grade 6 and last year we used the genius ladder from WBT. My kids' writing really improved using this method! WBT has many ideas that gamify grammar and writing. My kids would beg to have Brainy Quizzes!
jady_marie is offline   Reply With Quote

1FunTeach

Frustrated
Old 08-30-2016, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi Luv My Ratties,
I really need help. I have spent so much time online trying to put a cohesive curriculum together. I looked at the preview of grammar giggles,but the "story"idea was not making sense without the book. I payed for some things on TPT and found there wasn't enough content. I can't keep spending money like this. My head is spinning and I'm second guessing. I'm all over the place. Do you belong to any wiki spaces or other online groups? Do you have specific websites or resources you've bought? Things like wordly wise or write on track..?.There is no anchor for me to work around and get started. I can get by next few days but on Tuesday I really want to begin the week with a specific plan in place. Please let ne know if you can help me. I would greatly appreciate it and would send you some of my best files in return.
1FunTeach is offline   Reply With Quote