ESL/LEP

Tutoring Ideas/Help Please

>

yhprum

Tutoring Ideas/Help Please
Old 09-03-2016, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All,

I have a student new to my school in 4th grade who learning English. I'm currently working on my eel endorsement, do I'm using the techniques I'm learning with him. My mom is a retired Spanish language teacher who lives in another state. It occurred to me I might be able to put her to work with my new student possibly over the phone as an extra support but I have absolutely no idea how. Any ideas of lessons she could do over the phone (she's not techs and skype isn't an option)? Or resources for language phone tutoring?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!

yhprum is offline   Reply With Quote

mom2acd

Hope this helps
Old 10-26-2016, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do not know about anything about phone tutoring, however, we have our Spanish speakers doing a couple different programs to help them learn English. One is DuoLingo the other is Pumarosa. I know Duolingo needs an email account but it is free to use. Pumarosa is a website that our technology teacher uses with out ELL's so that they can do something in class on the computer. I do not know if they have individual accounts however I believe they do. I know the students like both. I myself have used Duolingo to help me learn Spanish. It does work if you use it consistently. I hope this helps you.
Good luck!

mom2acd
mom2acd is offline   Reply With Quote