Help

Future Teachers

Abcte certification

>

NekoMimi

Abcte certification
Old 10-03-2016, 09:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Is it worth it? Is it legitimate and how difficult is it really ?
I have heard rumors that they fail you intentionally for money, and that it is hard to find employment with it. Does anyone have insight ?

NekoMimi is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

so far so good
Old 02-12-2017, 09:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a local district that loves it, and says that once you have the state cert there is no way for anyone to tell from another method.

but that said, I failed an essay (by 1 point) and have gotten no feedback as to why. $200 to retake the whole test, when I did pass the rest of that test, and the second subject test I passed with a distinguished rating. I have a masters degree, I'm pretty familiar with 5 paragraph essays, I need the feedback to know what they are expecting different or (?) the pearson test center machine I was on was glitchy, but I did proofread it. I dunno. I payed for two certificates, and have a district that likes the program. I just need to pass that essay.

also a private school near here likes it. the state university program is awful here, requiring a year to finish while not being able to work anywhere else so that's a non-starter for me.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

Old 08-14-2017, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Although now I have three certificates. My current issue is not the ABCTE cert. It's that I have a master's degree. Only one district even asked so prepare and go for it.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote