Future Teachers

Having Cold During Internship

>

WorriedSick

WorriedSick

Having Cold During Internship
Old 11-16-2016, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am finishing up my internship where I am teaching solo. I am done next week. Sunday I started not feeling very well and by Tuesday it had worsened drastically (I got really dizzy during a lesson, thankfully I was sitting down). I called in that evening to let my teacher know I was ill and I went to the doctor today. My doctor wants me to rest on Thursday and not go in (Friday is a really important day and I need to be there for it). I feel really bad missing two days and really just need some support that it is okay to miss two days (the university allows for ten absenses for the whole semester).

SpeedLimit62

Old 01-22-2017, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I hope you stayed home!!! Every teacher gets sick.. We all get days off to use when we are sick. You as a student teacher are allowed 10 days. I'm sure you could get a note from the doctor if needed. The point is that if you are pushing yourself too much you are going to get sicker and then not be okay to finish student teaching at all.

I hope you are feeling better and that you took the time off. You need to realize taking care of you is the most important thing!
SpeedLimit62 is offline   Reply With Quote