Career Decisions

Decision Made

>

Readerforlife

Decision Made
Old 03-02-2017, 08:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello All,
After noodling it around in my head for a couple of years now, I have officially decided to leave education. I have applied to a Masters in Accounting program. If I don't get in, I will still leave education. Stick a fork in me I am DONE.

I have begun to throw out more and more junk. I will finish out the year and not care about all the drama and stuff.

Thank you for all your support. I kept holding on thinking it had to get better, but each week just shows me more and more that it's time to go.

Excited to be moving on. I am almost 40 yrs. old and a new career sounds daunting, but I know I can't keep doing this nonsense.

Thank you to everyone who offered guidance and suggestions. I couldn't have done it without you.

Readerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Hpylife

Old 03-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

good luck!! I'm almost 45 and just restarting my teaching career. I taught fresh out of college for several years and left education. I'm now back in, and although I'm on the fence if it's really what I want to do. I'm at a point where I need a steady paycheck and benefits.

All the best to you on your new career!! 40yrs old isn't too old to start new!! Good luck!!
Hpylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Hotbox88

It's great
Old 03-05-2017, 12:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

that you made this decision for you! I have 30 years in and am going to try to survive 3 more, then retire. I can't imagine having to start over! I admire you for your bravery! Best of luck to you!
Hotbox88 is offline   Reply With Quote