Help

The Job Search

Hiring Fair

>

LibbyRWindsor

Hiring Fair
Old 03-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello, group. I just wanted to share that I have gotten an invitation to a hiring fair in a nearby school district. I interview very well and am not nervous but I am curious as to whether or not anybody has any tips that they would like to mention. I have all of my documents ready, a professional outfit picked out and am allowing plenty of time to travel to the event. This morning, I spoke with district HR and they shared that they have many jobs available and are issuing contracts on the spot for selected candidates. While one never knows what will happen at such events, I am looking forward to it and I feel that if I am the right fit for one of the current vacancies, things will work out. If not, there are other opportunities to pursue. Thank you for reading.

LibbyRWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote

teach1975

Old 03-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Great! You sound confident, which is a good thing. Hoping you get something that will be a good fit.
teach1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

LibbyRWindsor

Thank you. :)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you, teach1975. I am really looking forward to the opportunity no matter what happens.

teachnkids

Old 03-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Good luck!!! Walk in with a smile and show them how much they need you!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 03-10-2017, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Good luck! Confidence goes a long way, and it seems you are ready for this!

GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

LibbyRWindsor

Thanks. :)
Old 03-10-2017, 08:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you, teachnkids and GraceKrispy. I appreciate the encouragement. I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.

LibbyRWindsor

Today's Job Fair
Old 03-11-2017, 03:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Today was the big job fair for one of the local school districts in our area. I am pleased to announce that I was offered a position with the first school team that asked to speak with me! What is funny is that I ran into one of the team members from that school on the sidewalk as we were walking around the campus. This campus is huge and there were no signs anywhere. People were looking for an unlocked entrance and I ran into this administrator as I was following the sidewalk around the building. I did not know that she was there to represent a school but we were chatting and she had asked at which school I currently teach. I told her that I am fairly new to the area and not currently in a teaching position but spoke of my areas of certification and interest. I asked her what she taught and she then explained that she was there representing an area middle school. She asked me to come find her once I was checked in. Once she saw me enter the cafeteria where all of the admin teams were located, she excitedly waved me over. There were three administrators there and we had a wonderful conversation. A short while into our chat, the principal excused herself. She apparently went to HR and told them that they were offering me a contract right then and there (though I did not know that immediately upon her return)! When she got back, we continued the conversation and everyone seemed to just click. I know that it is a bit early to know for sure, but I do feel that the fit is wonderful. The principal walked me to the HR team and asked them to get everything started ASAP. Most people there were not offered contracts on the spot but those recommended for hire were able to move to the pool of approved applicants. I feel truly fortunate and am quite pleased with how everything turned out. I am hoping for the best for other candidates as well. The turnout was much greater than HR anticipated.

Thank you for all of the support and encouragement, friends. I don't want to bore you with too many details but I am happy to chat more if anyone has any questions. Have a beautiful weekend and I hope that all looking for positions find their ideal spots.

GraceKrispy

Old 03-11-2017, 05:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

That's so excellent!! Congratulations! It sounds like it was completely meant to be. I'm thrilled for you
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

LibbyRWindsor

Thank you, GraceKrispy. :)
Old 03-11-2017, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I really appreciate your comments and support. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone at the school more and to getting ready for the new school year.

teachnkids

Old 03-12-2017, 07:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Awesome! Congratulations on the job! I hope it's the perfect fit for you!

teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

LibbyRWindsor

Thank you.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Thank you, teachnkids. I am so happy about this fit and I hope that it works out as well as I feel it may. If I had to design an ideal position, it would incorporate nearly everything I know about this job so far. I am excited to be hearing more soon.