Help

Inspirations

A Visit from a Dog

>

WelchD

A Visit from a Dog
Old 04-10-2017, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I would like to share with you one of the most memorable moments for me as an Elementary teacher.
I'm an Art teacher and I really love to see my students' creativity. It's so fulfilling to see that my students are applying what they have learned from our class. I let them get inspiration from nature. During our painting class, we went to the fields and I let them draw anything that inspires them.
One of my students approached me and asked me if I could let her see a dog. I can really the excitement in her eyes.
The following day, I brought my golden retriever. Good thing I got the permission from the Management's office. Everyone is really amazed and thrilled to see Dora(name of my dog). My student who asked me was the most excites of all.
Dora is with them while they are finishing their drawing and paintings. I was really amazed to see that the quality of their work is beyond expectation.
I guess this is what true inspiration can do.
I'm planning to bring Dora every time we'll have an art class. It'll be a little hassle on my part, but definitely worth it. Maybe I need to find a good dog stroller, right?

WelchD is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

super cute
Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

great idea and thanks for posting. Kids so love animals and animals (and kids) usually love kids. Neat to hear about this! thank you.
happygal is online now   Reply With Quote

WelchD

Old 04-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I definitely agree on that. You can really see the connection with the kids with the animals. Actually, I have the permission to bring Dora, along once a week for my Art class. Currently, I'm planning to purchase a stroller for Dora so that she would be comfortable and easier for her to be transported. The problem is that majority of the pet stroller that I see over our local store are just too small for her. I was searching online and I came across this larger dog stroller. Now my question is would it be practical to buy a stroller? I would appreciate your recommendations.
WelchD is offline   Reply With Quote