Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

Fun Lesson

>

hallmarklover

Fun Lesson
Old 04-23-2017, 02:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will be interviewing for a teaching position for 7th/8th grade English. I am required to teach a lesson to a class as part of the interview. I think I will have about an 45 minutes to an hour. I have some ideas swirling in my head but thought I would reach out to other middle school teachers and see what I get. I am an upper elementary teacher and have never taught at the middle school level, but I have wanted to for some time. This is a great opportunity, and I really want to do a good job! Please let me know any fun lessons that you taught where the kids could learn a skill and complete an activity in this short time frame. My thoughts are teaching/reviewing different forms of figurative language through songs. If you have any activities along this line, please let me know. However, I am very open to other topics and ideas. Thanks so much for your input!

hallmarklover is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

Old 04-30-2017, 08:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You could do a quick lesson on Shakespeare and how the language has changed, then have them convert a few lines from olde english Romeo and Juliet into gansta or pirate or hillbilly or whatever.

just a thought, I saw this in class recently as filler work for my day there, and it was a lot of fun for the students.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote