Help

New Teachers

Taking on Too Much?

>

crzycatlady12

Taking on Too Much?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am finishing up my first year teaching as a 3rd grade teacher. A few months ago I decided I wanted to go back to school and get my Master's. I am doing an online program that starts in June, and it will take me 2 1/2 years to complete. Knowing I am going to stay at the same school until I finish my program, is it still too much to try and do both, even only after one year? Just want some thoughts!

crzycatlady12 is offline   Reply With Quote

wasokay

wasokay

Old 05-03-2017, 08:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I finished my masters while being a new teacher and teaching full-time. I also had three young kids, one of whom has a significant disability. I was stressed but super motivated to do it and it did not feel too much. I just accepted the fact that it was going to be work and school 1st, family 2nd and zero me-time for a few years. There were many times when I wrote papers until 3 AM or excused myself from the Thanksgiving Table to finish an assignment that was due. I'd say if you feel really motivated, it is doable but if you view it as a chore it might feel overwhelming. However I learned that there is rarely ever 'the perfect' time to get anything big done in life. But if it is important to you just go for it.