Help

Future Teachers

Advice needed for a future teacher!

>

rainforest

Advice needed for a future teacher!
Old 05-22-2017, 09:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I'm looking for advice. I'm planning on becoming an elementary school teacher, and I'm really interested in the Master of Arts in Teaching program at Lewis and Clark University in Oregon. I am currently a community college student, and I'm trying to figure out where to transfer to to complete my undergrad education. I'd prefer to go to Lewis and Clark for my undergrad as well, but they don't offer a bachelor's in education. They do have education courses and they have a "path" to prepare undergrad students for the MAT program. I'm wondering if it would negatively impact my ability to get jobs if my bachelor's was in something other than education. Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

rainforest is offline   Reply With Quote

PeaceLoveRun

Ba
Old 05-22-2017, 09:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a Bachelor's in Liberal Studies. That was the path that was recommended to me from my University. I went to a community college for the first 2 years, before I transferred over to university. A lot of times, the undergrad classes of a specific major are prerequisites for the grad courses so if you chose a different major, you might end up taking extra classes as prereqs.
PeaceLoveRun is offline   Reply With Quote