Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

Taking photos in middle school

>

cdfblair

Taking photos in middle school
Old 06-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I would like take pictures of my students in middle school. I would like to document the year and create a slide show at the end of the year. I will be teaching 5 classes this year in math at different levels. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

cdfblair is offline   Reply With Quote

Mshope

Permission?
Old 06-12-2017, 06:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do a slide show each year. The first thing I do is make sure that I don't have any students who have a letter on file stating that they are not allowed to be photographed. Find out your school policy. If we put pictures online, we are not to use full-face or identifying photos. So I have to make sure that students are not wearing a sweatshirt with their last name on it.

Secondly, I tell my students what I am doing. As part of my yearly introduction, I might show them previous year slideshows. Often when I take pictures for this slideshow or my website, so kid will say, "We're not allowed to take pictures, why are you?" Or "If you take a picture of me, I'm taking a picture of you." I try to avoid this but mostly taking quick candid shots. If I take a posed picture, I'll say, "This is for the website or slideshow, if you don't want to be in it, stay in your seat." If a kid hates to be in pictures, I try to respect that.

Thirdly, the slideshow is the perfect thing to show on the last class. It's also cool to set it to music. After I make it, I try to delete most of my pictures from that year. I always plan to print some out and do something with that, but I never have enough ink.

Have fun with it.
Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote