Help

First Grade

I need help with a project!

>

irises

I need help with a project!
Old 06-16-2017, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For many years, a friend of mine and I had our first grade classes as pen pals. She retired this year and thus, so has our pen pal project.
A new thought came to mind: What if my first graders had correspondence or did some sort of project with the 8th graders at our middle school? Some of them would have been in my class in first grade! I'm looking for ideas as to how to make this work. What could we do?
All ideas are very welcomed!!!! Thanks.

irises is offline   Reply With Quote

pausebutton

A visit through snail mail
Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The first thing that popped up in my mind was doing something related to Flat Stanley.

In Sept, both classes could create a small flat version of theirself on cardstock with a photo head. Then, write a little bit about theirselves and mail the class set of flat people to the other class. When students receive the class set, they could choose one of the flat students and over the course of Oct/Nov pick one or two things to take a photo of (something unique to being in your class or the 8th grade class). So let's say a first grader takes a picture of the flat 8th grader "helping" the first graders collect and classify leaves. The first grader would then glue the photo of the event to a sheet of writing paper and write about the experience. In Dec, all of the experieneces could be collected in a giant envelope along with the 8th grade class set and mailed back to the 8th grade class... at the same time the 8th graders would be mailing back the flat first graders. I think it would be fun for the students in both classes.
pausebutton is offline   Reply With Quote

irises

Pausebutton, LOVE your ideas!
Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you, Pausebutton for these great ideas! I am going to try this. I just need to get in touch with the middle school LA teachers to see if they are up for it!

readbooks

Retired teacher
Old 06-19-2017, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

As a brand new retired teacher I have a new thought. Maybe your retired Co teacher could be the pen pal to your kids. My dad was pen pals with my kids for years. He would write and sometimes send a care package to my students. Each student would write back to him. Both the students and my dad loved it.
readbooks is offline   Reply With Quote

irises

readbooks!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

What a a fabulous idea! I bet she would do it too! Thanks for thinking out of the box!