Career Decisions

How to address resignation

>

Curious17

Curious17

How to address resignation
Old 06-17-2017, 07:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello. I am not happy in my current district and had a few interviews. I didn't get a direct offer until Friday. I've already written a letter of resignation (wishful thinking ) but I know due it being so close to the end of the year, they'll probably know why I'm leaving. I don't wish to address I'm leaving for another job. I just want to be vague (which is easy in letter form). However, what do I do if I'm asked directly? The school I'm at now is very gossipy and unprofessional. I know I will be asked even though they don't have a right to. Since I'm leaving anyway, should I be curt in my response? I was thinking of saying "I don't have to explain further". Does that sound rude? What would you say? Yes, I've addressed the issues (of unprofessionalism and gossip) that I have caused me to leave in the past, but the admin doesn't care and frankly encourages it in favored employees. I don't really feel like going through the hassle when I know it won't be changed/addressed.

esl

For personal reasons.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think that's all you need to say. It would be very rude of anyone to press further.

If they do, ' as I said, I'm leaving for personal reasons. I'd prefer not to discuss it any more.'

It's quite true - your personal decision because of your personal experiences.
esl is offline   Reply With Quote

Lynnteach2

Old 06-18-2017, 10:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with esl's comment: "I'm leaving for personal reasons." This sounds better than "I don't have to explain further". (Just my opinion)
Lynnteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 06-26-2017, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Since it is close to the end of school could you wait until school is over to inform your present district?
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote